Brentford vs Arsenal (PL) 0-3

Tomi handled him quite well last time IIRC?

3 Likes

Iā€™m still nervous as fuck for that game. Mikel surely has enough evidence now to know they are going to try and hit us on the break so itā€™s imperative we are ready for that.

We have dominated every game weā€™ve played this season but weā€™ve needed to be more clinical at times so I hope that isnā€™t our undoing.

4 Likes

Tomi kept him a little quieter than usual but Son still managed to score in that game. And the less said about the reverse fixture the better.

1 Like

I wonder what it will be like for Ethan Nwanen when he goes back to school tomorrow.

Teacher: Have you done your homework boy?

Ethan: No Sir.

Teacher: Whatā€™s your excuse, did the dog eat your homework?

Ethan: No, I was playing for Arsenal against Brentford in a PL game.

Teacher: Very funny, thatā€™s just cost you extra detention.

1 Like

He wonā€™t have an excuse, no school tomorrow

5 Likes

I like him!

11 Likes

At 8 secondsā€¦I make that same exact noise when I speak about Saliba.

7 Likes

Good win today
Shame the useless international games will ruin momentum and turn players heads

1 Like

Really looking forward to being thereā€¦going to be a good match for sure

3 Likes

Not sure Iā€™d describe it as a cracking game tbh, but it was boringly enjoyable for the fact there was only going to be one outcome.

I would.

Cheer up lol

I was delighted with it.

But as for cracking game I just wouldnā€™t describe it as that, was a perfect away performance by us though.

6 Likes

Wasnā€™t the best game for a neutral to watch, but for a Arsenal fan it was a excellent calm game without any imminent threat of heart attack.

5 Likes

Fair, I watched it on MOTD last night and can see what you mean.

3 nice goals though, but yeah there wasnā€™t any amazing analysis - just that we controlled the game.

1 Like

Iā€™d like it if we went and smashed some team but there is immense satisfaction for me in what we saw yesterday and, to be fair, what weā€™ve seen from this team in a few other PL games this season too. Complete control.

I know no one is saying differently by the way, weā€™re all happy happy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah it would be nice if we could get one of those 7,8-0 results you see the other teams get.

I miss smashing 6 past Everton

Iā€™d never heard of Ethan Nwaneri until yesterday. Is he seen as a wonderkid?

Honestly, Iā€™m pretty sure he was just brought on as a laugh to get us a record

Iā€™m asking a genuine question. He would been on the bench through merit but Iā€™d heard of ESR, Saka, Hutchinson (from he was a primary school kid), Nelson etc way before their first appearance on the bench.

Iā€™ve literally never heard of him before and this is the first time heā€™s ever been picked in a squad I think.

There were definitely more senior kids on the bench like Smith whoā€™s won an fa cup who deserved a debut more than him.

Definitely must be the record.

3 Likes