Brentford vs Arsenal (PL) 0-3

Who is Nwaneri?

Nwaneri was born on 21 March 2007 after Emirates Stadium, the home Arsenal moved into after leaving Highbury, was opened in 2006.

He has quickly impressed during his time with the Gunners.

Aged 14, he marked his under-18s debut with a goal against Reading and followed it up with a number of eye-catching performances.

He had been expected to spend the season with the Under-18s but was quickly promoted to the Under-21s.

On 8 August, he scored in a 3-0 win after coming on as a substitute for England in an Under-17s game against the Faroe Islands.

Injuries to captain Martin Odegaard and Oleksandr Zinchenko had left Arteta short of midfield options against Brentford.

“It was a pure gut feeling,” added the Arsenal boss when asked about the moment he decided to send Nwaneri on.

"I met the boy and really liked what I saw. Per Mertesacker and the academy staff are giving me really good information, Edu as well. I met him, he’s trained a couple of times with us.

“Yesterday he had to come because we have injuries, especially the injury of Martin Odegaard, and then I had that feeling from yesterday that if the opportunity could come that I was going to do it and I just did it.”

Arsenal fans will now be hoping he can continue his development and follow the likes of Emile Smith Rowe and Bukayo Saka to become a young star at the club.

1 Like

Well I’ll be damned. That’s a rapid rise through the ranks.

1 Like

I do love Arsenal games that neutrals hate, normally means good things for us :smiley:.

2 Likes

Yeah would be good for our goal difference. Spuds smash alot of teams late in games on the counter. Annoying as feck

1 Like

Commentatator yesterday said that for years Arsenal have always had a star player or two, now there is quality throughout the team. It made me feel positive. We could have battered them by more, imagine what we’ll be like once they’ve all be playing together for a more months.

Whatever happens over the coming months (and there will be some bumps ahead), the upward trajectory of Arsenal Football Club cannot be denied now.

6 Likes

Oh. People will try.

Just wait until we lose another game.

5 Likes

kinda reminds me of someone :xhaka: :face_exhaling:

Just looking at the stats between comparative games last season. We can’t include Fulham, Bournemouth, or Zurich but for the remaining corresponding fixtures last season, we’re already 6 points better off. Palace/Brentford games being losses.

Cry more dickhead. We’re finally good again and the opposition can’t handle it.

Ivan is right lol

The first time is fair enough but zero need for Arsenal players to rub it in again for club like Brentford after smacking them. That’s small time mentality imo

We got the win, leave it there and move on to the next

4 Likes

Hard disagree. This is sports, it’s theater, it’s a soap opera. It’s much more interesting when the players show a little bit of personality.

When Brentford come to Arsenal and win 0-3 with Toney scoring a perfect hattrick he can post all he wants. Until then he can stfu and enjoy his L. The civility police stuff is getting out of hand.

1 Like

I have no issue with taunting or mocking opponents in sport provided it isn’t overdone, I wouldn’t call what Gab tweeted “interesting” or him showing personality, It’s was pretty unoriginal response after Laca had done the same.

To me its kinda cringe and small time squad members are still salty about getting dunked on by a newly promoted side last season, but yeah please continue rubbing it in the face of a club with the smallest wage bills in the league as if you’re really done something

It’s free wank material so online fans will eat it up

5 Likes

I agree, once fair enough but twice is quite lame

1 Like

Yeah we’ll have to disagree on this. If Toney has an issue with Arsenal players mocking him, he should have played better. I’m a pretty petty person though when it comes to stuff like that. I’d be tweeting it after every match I played against him and won.

Loved it.

Oh come on. It’s not like they held a board meeting and did it as a club response. We’re talking individual players tweeting here.

It is still lame to go on and on about it.
Toney’s tweet wasn’t even condescending like the cajones one from Troy Deeney.

Toney posted a banter tweet, and Gab sent one back.

People are really overthinking this. I would have done exactly the same thing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m with ya, I think the first time was banter the second time was just unnecessary.

I think it makes us look a bit small time as well, would have been way more baller to just acknowledge them as if they’re insignificant to us.

Now we’re just creating another weird beef rivalry with a small bottom half team like with Stoke and Watford lol

We didn’t create anything. We just responded.