Brentford v Arsenal (PL)

Tbf, our best performances last season came using that front 4.

--------------------Leno------------------
Bellerin–White–Mari–Tierney
---------Elneny-------Xhaka---------
Pepe------------ESR---------Willian
---------------Lacazette---------------

Baller squad ^^^^^^^

Replace Elneny with Lokonga and Laca with Auba and it’s, well it’s still pretty shit…

9 Likes

I really hate that that game was one day prior to the closure of the window. This whole Arteta debacle started with that bullshit. He came into the club, fake legend status, 95% side pass completion rate and now this bullshit. Everything started from that clown of a performance.

3 Likes

We are really shit these days, BUT, we are against Brentford, not City…

Should be a win no matter what, even a lot of us are pessimistic and negative.

No ball squad

1 Like

Are you really going to be surprised if Brentford win this?

Can definitely see them coming out fired up and wanting to play well in the season opener, etc.

Given Arsenal’s lack of attack in the preseason, this could be a close one. Don’t think that that Xhaka/Elney pivot will be providing much either.

2 Likes

I never expect us losing to Brentford no matter what, seriously.

Of course, shit happens, and luck may decide a game or two, but I truly believe that we will win, maybe an ugly one.

1 Like

We must be the only club in the league not relishing the prospect of playing a promoted side on opening day :joy:

I’m really not confident at all, even though we’ll probably win?

4 Likes

Promoted sides are always a threat early on, especially with fans back now. It’s definitely not gonna be an easy game.

I agree this will be a tough one. Brentford was a good team last year and they have squad continuity, a full preseason for everybody, and will be flying.

I think Arteta would be crazy to play the Auba-Laca-Pepe frontline that has been so shit. You can’t play with a front three where neither of the wingers can create chances.

Assuming he is fit, I would just roll with Saka just knowing that he’ll probably still be a bit rusty and you’ll have to sub him around 60 minutes.

------Auba-----
Saka-ESR–Pepe
-Xhaka-Sambi
-KT-Mari-White-Chambers
------Leno---------

3 Likes

That would be my team too but we know it’ll be this;

Leno
Bellerin - White - Mari - KT

Sambi- Xhaka

Saka - ESR - Auba

Laca

2 Likes

If Saka is fit he replaces one of Auba or Laca surely?

I’ve got Saka in the team mate

Saka is not match fit… I don’t feel good to rush him

I know but you think Pepe will be the one to be benched. Surely Arteta will use both Saka and Pepe if both are fit?

We’ll see I guess.

Pepe has been one of the stand outs in preseason, if he doesn’t start on Friday night then I’ll start to believe Arteta might have an agenda towards him. Reckon he will though.

3 Likes

Pepe is probably safe until we sign the new AM.
I think ultimately Arteta wants to use all of ESE, Saka and the new AM together.
Pepe’s best bet to keep being a feature in the team is to score or assist.

At this point I’d probably rather watch Pepe at false nine than another year of Auba and Lacazette making hard work of everything

2 Likes

Still surprised we didn’t see it when Auba and Laca were out. Reckon he could’ve done a better job playing up top against Villarreal than ESR.

3 Likes