Brentford v Arsenal (PL)

We go again.

Our first time playing at Brentford’s shiny new Community Stadium. We don’t have much of a history with these west London newbies. A 3-1 victory in the league cup in 2018 being the only recent fixture. Before that, we hadn’t played them for over 70 years.

Match stats/trivia:

• When kicking off their Premier League season away from home, Arsenal are unbeaten in seven games (W5 D2) since losing 0-1 at Sunderland in the 2000-01 campaign. The Gunners began last season with a 3-0 victory away against promoted side Fulham.

• Brentford’s Community Stadium will be the 60th different ground to host a Premier League match. So far, Arsenal have won at 53 of the 59, with only Liverpool (57) and Man Utd (54) winning at more.

• This is the fourth time Arsenal have been involved in the opening game of a Premier League campaign, winning the other three against West Brom (2008-09), Leicester (2017-18) and Fulham (2020-21). Meanwhile, this is the third season in a row in which the opening fixture has featured a promoted side, with those sides losing by three goals in the previous two (Norwich 1-4 Liverpool, Fulham 0-3 Arsenal).

• Arsenal’s Nicolas Pépé finished last season scoring five goals in three games, netting a brace in the Gunners’ final two games of the season. The only Arsenal player to score 2+ goals in three consecutive Premier League games is Robin van Persie, who did so in October 2011.

So will Friday 13th be unlucky for us?

• Brentford win
  • Draw
  • Arsenal win

0 voters

8 Likes

Despite the underwhelming transfer window so far, I think we still have more than enough to put Brentford to bed. I think we going to have a good start to the season.

3-0 to the Arsenal.

1 Like

Nice OP :slight_smile:

5 Likes

#ElCristico

2 Likes

Think this will be an interesting game, we should have enough about us to beat them but then again we are the Arsenal and we have a squad full of shitters.

Will be very interesting to see how Brentford do this season, hope they look good!

Did you get a Brentford season ticket?

Good Friday night in store next week.

The Arsenal are back. Then catch up on love island at full time.

This will be a hard game as its basically Brentford’s first game in their new stadium as last season they played in it with no fans or the small amount allowed in the playoffs.

I’ll go 1-2 Pepe continuing his good form and scoring both

Nah they sold out ages ago, I got a Bee Membership for the season for £40 that apparently guarantees me at least one game and then I can apply for away games with it as well without any guarantee of getting them.

The membership also gives me priority access to any spare tickets going that other STH and Bee Members haven’t bought.

They’ve sold more season tickets and memberships than there are seats in the stadium so I think I’ll be very lucky to make it to more than one game but I’m happy to watch literally any game.

Just as happy to watch Brentford play Newcastle or Watford as Chelsea and Man Utd.

I’ve also applied for a bunch of away games like Brighton and Watford etc. (which I won’t get).

2 Likes

That’s nearly as good as our free scoring, record breaking midfielder, Willock. :wink:

I think Pepe will continue his good form from the end of last season and be better in this but Aubameyang needs to up his game.

We should win but with Brentford at home for their first game in the PL I’ll go for a 1-1 draw, with Maddison to score. :grinning:

Edit, Pepe to score.

I’m going to say Brentford score early and lead for most of the game until we restore parity very late.

Brentford 1-1 Arsenal.

1 Like

Hopefully a good showing of football (LMAO yeah right) and a few goals for the Arse.

Any way you slice it, we should have too much for the Bees.

Fuck, it’s here already?

6-0 Arsenal.

7 Likes

It’s gonna be a long season

4 Likes

Yes. Yes it is.

1 Like

1 1 Brentford cup final and first game with a crowd at the new stadium.

2 Likes

Are away fans allowed?

Its back to normal yes

2 Likes

A lot of pressure to win here. If we don’t things could get dark quick given the next two fixtures and the way the window is going.

No Partey, Nketiah and Gabriel for our first PL games.

Thomas Partey
Right ankle. Thomas sustained an injury to ligaments in his right ankle during the friendly match against Chelsea last Sunday. Thomas continues to be assessed and is expected to be back in training in approximately three weeks.

Eddie Nketiah
Right ankle. Eddie sustained bruising to his right ankle during the friendly match against Chelsea last Sunday. Eddie continues to be assessed and is expected to be back in training in approximately four weeks.

Gabriel Magalhaes
Right knee. Gabriel sustained an injury to his right knee whilst with the Brazilian Olympic Squad. Gabriel is currently being assessed and is aiming to be back in training in the forthcoming weeks.