Brentford v Arsenal (PL)

Partey back training in three weeks right at the end of the window, will probably take what, another two weeks to get totally fit. That puts us mid September. This really is the nightmare scenario. He’ll be in and out because of internationals, then off to AFCON.

3 Likes

My guess is that they don’t want Partey or Gabriel going on that first international break. Get them healthy and fit, somehow survive August without them, then you come out of the first international break in early September with your whole squad.

Brentford is huge. If Arteta gets three points there, he can probably get 0-1 points against City and Chelsea combined and still not be under too much pressure. If we don’t beat Brentford, however, we might end August with 0-2 points.

3 Likes

Alexa play Under Pressure.

8 Likes

That’s fine as long as he stays here to recover than join Ghana as soon as he gets fit.

1 week away and the squad doesn’t feel close to ready. Rough season ahead.

4 Likes

I’m sure Arteta and Edu would say that there’s tons of continuity already in the squad and that the window is open for another three weeks.

We’ve been saying this exact same sentence for the last 10 years.

What is Gabriel’s actual injury? Feels like it’ll be one of those ones that lingers on for half of the season.

1 Like

Jumper’s knee I think. My understanding is that it’s one that varies a lot in terms of recovery time and you really don’t want to rush him back from. Rush him back and it can become a chronic thing.

2 Likes

After Emery and Arteta I’m worried what shitter they hire next if Arteta does get sacked

This was a reply to your post in the Gabriel Marti thread @Joshua fuck knows how it ended here but I’ll go with it

1 Like

3 Likes

:joy::rofl: Still going to beat Brentford but it sure is a sad sight.

2 Likes

Reckon Brentford will want it more and be too much for our passive sideways boring play.

4 Likes

Yeah like @Stroller said, gonna be a cup final for them

Wow.
Chamberlain, Ozil, Welbeck, with Lacazette upfront.
What an attacking line up like that, how did we not win the title? :grinning:

1 Like

Thoughts? Saka didn’t look sharp today. He was active as per though. Doubt 4 days of training will change that.

1 Like

I tend to think it’ll be a very similar starting 11 to what we saw today, don’t think Saka starts yet

I wonder, if we lose to Brentford, it will have the same effect on the board as it did after the 8-2 thrashing by Man U and will spur them into actually doing something proactive in the transfer market?

Arteta 5 year extension probably.

1 Like

A line-up that requires Pepe magic to see any goals. Brilliant plan Mr. Twitter guy.