Arsenal transfers 23/24

Yes. Great news hours before our first match :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hoping for someone panic buying a lot of the deadwood at Arsenal instead of the other way around.

Buy one Bellerin, get a Mari or Laca or Kola or Xhaka at 1/2 price. :joy:

Fucking hell I actually keep forgetting kolasinac plays for us still.

Me too. Saw his thread the other day and it took me a few minutes.

Let’s hope that Arsenal has learned that paying high wages to a player before it is warranted really cripples the club and makes transfers damn near impossible.

So after all that nonsense about Arsenal targeting homegrown players like Ramsdale and Maddison we’re ending the window signing Ødegaard and possibly Neto? This club. :laughing:

4 Likes

Yep.

3 Likes

We start every season so unprepared.

9 Likes

We’ve done for as long as I can remember, it’s so frustrating!

2 Likes

When do the panic buys start?

1 Like

Next week. :rofl:

There’s no panic. Trust the process baby.

Arteta hasn’t really been given a fair shake at things. He’s had to manage during COVID and didn’t have a real pre-season. He’s never been able to get his guys into the club either. We also can’t judge him this season because players are so tired from playing so much football. We can’t judge him next year either because the World Cup happens in December. I think it’s only fair to judge him after the 2023-2024 season.

1 Like

what-look

6 Likes

You might be on to something there. I’ve seen business owners in the twilight years of their life hand their business over to their incompetent offspring who proceed to delegate to business vultures who then proceed to take advantage of little to no oversight in order to enrich themselves.

:man_shrugging: Just spit balling.

1 Like

Considering what we needed, what we have to get rid and what we were promised, this has been one of the worst transfer windows since we moved to the Emirates.

I said a few weeks ago that it would be interesting to see what the board would do, if we played poorly against Brentford, and would they be under pressure to be more pro active to get the players we need.

We have needed a top quality, goal scoring AM for several seasons and all we have bought is a CB who can’t defend.

It was highlighted against Brentford that we’re lacking in that position and we’ve done nothing about it?

If Arteta thinks Odegaard is the answer, he’s asking the wrong question.

1 Like

One day after a very surprising and deserving loss to Brentford and we’re still not being linked with any names. Fuck this club and the douchebag yes men who are running it

I hope not.

I shudder to think what kind of awful signing an Arteta and Edu panic buy would be.

The only thing that needs to happen is them 2 getting sacked.

Nothing else improves the team.

4 Likes

This window is gonna kill me. I feel like there is so much more that could happen till this window shuts.

Summer 2011 anyone?

Don’t worry, nothing’s going to happen. We’ll sign Ødegaard and that’s it.

2 Likes

Time’s ticking and it’s all silent again.

1 Like

Such a bizarre signing Park was!
We hijacked the deal off some lowly club only to play him a couple of times.

Deals like Park, Perez etc were unlike Wenger and felt forced onto him.

3 Likes