Brentford v Arsenal (PL)

Pepe has to play every single minute of this season. He’s our best player in recent months.

7 Likes

We will beat them and look look doing so. And all the Arteta sexuals will be out in force thinking we’ve turned a corner :joy::joy:

3 Likes

2-1 Arsenal but they’ll give us a scare and score first

6-0
A Henry hattrick, Wiltord, Pires and Ljubgberg each one.
:bellend:

I don’t want to know about the current club, as from now on I’m living in 2003. :bellend:

7 Likes

Fucking hell I’d forgotten this :joy:

2 Likes

I think we’ll lose this one, just to set the cat among the two pigeons that are Arteta and Edu. This loss will result in immediate action by the club in the transfer market, which will most likely be panic buys, where we either pay over the odds or end up with another Willian/Xhaka level mistake.

1 Like

Lol we’re playing on Friday? Didn’t even realise.

Has to be the least exciting opening day match that I can remember.

4 Likes

I get the gloom but I see a 4 nil Arsenal win.

We may beat them but I don’t think we’ll look any good doing so

I think the quality of our team is so head and shoulders above we will have two or three flashes of brilliance and the Arteta hate will quiet down for a bit.

2 Likes

Is it though? Our most technically gifted players are children.

Are u questioning if our team is better than Brentford? Lmaooooooo u really do be smoked out af breh :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

It is but I don’t need to tell you that we don’t exactly play to our quality under this manager. I think we’ll win but it could be a bit of a struggle imo, more than it should be.

Of course we’re a better team than them but I don’t think we’re good enough technically throughout our first 11 that we can be arrogant and superior towards any EPL fixture, let alone a tricky away one.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing that on the pitch.

I’m really looking forward to this game. Will be nice to have PL football back with full stadiums and I’m really interested to see how Brentford play in the PL.

Not particularly optimistic about our chances this season given how shit we’ve been in our pre-season but I’m excited to see how White, Tierney, Lokonga and Pepe play.

Hopefully they’ll be bright spots that can cancel out having to watch Mari, Xhaka, Lacazette and Auba fucking around and shitting the bed on pitch.

6 Likes

I really want us to win this. With the cost of our squad compared with theirs we really should although nothing surprises me with this lot these days.

Despite my general pessimism with Kroenkes as owners I still have that start of season hope and excitement that somehow this season will be so much better and see us rising Phoenix like from the malaise of recent years.

If we fail to win I shall be going nuts that nothing has really changed for the better.

2 Likes

We will start with 8 of the players who played against Brighton 3 months ago. We will play the same formation. I am expecting to continue where we left off.

There is no new season buzz we are just continuing last season after a three month break.

1 Like

Well, I’d agree with you but Partey and Gabriel are injured and Odegaard won’t get registered in time if he does sign for us.

I expect us to lineup like this on Friday, and to underestimate Brentford resulting in a struggle of a game.

1 Like

Yeah Cristo I said 8 out of 11 which is three players changed (Gabriel Partey and Ode) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: