Boxing

The thing is the stuff guys in MMA are strongest at won’t translate to boxing. If Paul was fighting these guys in the Octagon he’d get eaten alive

At this stage I think everyone can see he’s fixing fights and talking shit. Not to mention the obvious steroid usage which is predominantly why he’s not using VADA for any of his fights.

1 Like

Yeah fair, I’m probably being too harsh but this shit is just pathetic and I’m full of scorn haha

The sport is dead tbh, the sad thing is this is what the people want now. Another fine example of something awesome chewed up and spat out by this tasteless influencer generation.

Though unfortunately boxing as a sport was already going down this path and was very keen to prostitute itself at any given opportunity.

2 Likes

Yep lol and I can’t believe that people aren’t seeing this haha. It’s so obvious that he’s fixing fights he’s literally a terrible fighter who’s knocking out guys who are pretty broke and need the money.

The kind of money Fury was going to earn was more than he’d ever earn from being a professional boxer because he’s shit at it and won’t go anywhere. The only reason Tommy has a name is because of his brother

1 Like

https://youtube.com/shorts/CdMXX8BkJc8?feature=share

I can genuinely only really put James Toney in the same bracket in the last 20-25 years of boxing when it comes to executing the shoulder roll.

I was never a fan of Floyd because I thought he was a businessman who put too much emphasis on being undefeated which boxing still suffers the ill effect from to this day.

But man, his shoulder roll was ridiculous. I’m not talking about the herky jerky crap Tyson Fury does which doesn’t even belong in the same stratosphere of discussion. I’m talking about a man who genuinely barely ever got hit flush with a hard punch.

The fraud Tyson Fury is apparently not going to fight his mandatory, Dillian Whyte, but will likely fight Robert Helenius in the UK according to reports.

Bob Arum has come out to say that Helenius and Ruiz Jr are the two people they’re looking at next.

How people can’t see this guy is taking the piss is beyond me. AJ literally fought or tried to fight every top heavyweight of his era. Both Wilder and Fury consistently rejected mega offers to fight him.

1 Like

Lol

Banned for failed drug tests (nandrolone)

Since coming back into boxing he has fought;

Sefer Seferi
Francesco Pianeta
Deontay Wilder
Tom Schwarz
Otto Wallin

It’s really bad how often overlooked the fact that he’s a drug cheat is too.

In fairness to Fury I used to think all he would ever be is a bargain basement channel 5 fighter but I have no issue holding my hands up and saying I was wrong and he really went from strength to strength. He’s good value at times for entertainment but I can’t help but feel- and this applies to AJ too- he’s a fighter that’s feasted on the bones of a terrible division right now.

2 Likes

This :ok_hand:

I think the truth is somewhere probably between your and SSrcj’s opinions at least for he, he’s not trash but I still think he’s got a ton to prove and isn’t keenly looking to prove himself in a desolute division. How him and AJ haven’t fought is completely beyond me.

Ironically AJ was guilty of taking fights he thought he would steam roll too and it completely backfired.

Usyk was a boxer I new really little about but his fight with AJ totally reignited my passion. His fundamentals were unbelievable and the totally sent AJ to school.

1 Like

True. He is very good.

Have you read what Deontay Wilder’s manager has said? I’m not sure if it’s sour grapes but he’s said Usyk would school Fury in the ring.

It would be an intriguing contest, for sure.

If I were putting money down that would be my take but like I said in guilty of underrating Fury.

Would be a great contest though and it’s the type of fight the division needs right now

2 Likes

Deserves his shot at usyk or fury

1 Like

I’ve been here for 17 years at least get my fucking username right

But in all seriousness, AJ legitimately took on a host of top contenders. He never shied away from any challenge and has always sought to take on the best.

He’s fought every top contender of his generation and the 3 that he didn’t - all turned down fights with him.

Luis Ortiz turned down $7m to fight him
Wilder turned down $100m guarantee
Fury has turned down multiple offers to fight AJ

People just don’t seem to want to address the fact that Furu is a drug taking cheat, who has only ever fought two 10 heavyweights in his entire career, and did so first time whilst also being positive for taking steroids in his previous fight.

Everybody talks about Fury like he’s a hero who recovered from the pits of depression when the reality is he actively sought to cover up his boxing ban (the only reason the case was dropped was because the authorities would have gone bankrupt pursuing the case) and then is also a bigot with very hateful views.

He’s just not a nice person but he’s somehow managed to create a storyline that feeds into the idea that he’s a generational heavyweight talent.

2 Likes

Hearn has stitched up Whyte for years. Got him on board so he could have him avoid an AJ rematch. About time he had his title shot.

Whyte rejected the AJ rematch unfortunately. Big offer too but thought he was worth more

Lmao your user name is a fucking mare mate I swear I have a fucking mental block on it even though I’m @'n you all the time about things I can never get it right, might as we’ll be one of those of those passwords Google makes for you with an the numbers and letters because for some reason my brain can not get the order right.

I agree with what you saying but I do think AJ had a bit of stat padding in his career, I’ve watched nearly all of his fights and he’s had too easy of time of it for me. Before Usyk I can barely remember the last time I felt he had a real challenge

Just to clarify I think AJ> Fury by a margin don’t want to make it sound like I’m hating the lad, just reflective of the division more than anything

1 Like

One of my one boxing coaches used to use it as a nickname lol. Then he retired from being a good level British professional boxer to become a radical Islamist lmao. I’ve never changed my user because I quite like what it stands for;

Sugar Ray (Robinson) Cassius (Clay) (Roy) Jones Jr.

My first username here was ArsenalCrazy and I was 13 lol.

2 Likes

Even just knowing the Sugar Ray at the start will make it easier, I always assumed it was initials but never knew why. Like it genuinely takes me forever to @ you because I have to try like 3 different variations.

2 Likes