Boxing

January usually a dry month for big fights isn’t it? But still nice to see them doing this

1 Like

For at least a decade I thought it was SCRJJ

4 Likes

Sometimes I try to distance my friendship from you then you say shit like that

3 Likes

PPV?! :man_shrugging:t2:

Ouch! :grin:

Embarassing fight. Martin getting his gloves trapped in the ropes sums up his career!

Devastated to see that the British Board of Control has banned domestic fights during January. That will put Brook vs Khan at risk next month.

2 Likes

What would a current top ten look like?

This sport is dead

3 Likes

It’s not even remotely dead lol

The minute YouTube “celebrities” got their hands on it was the day it went under lol

1 Like

It hasn’t gone under at all

That’s your opinion and I respect that

It’s not an opinion. It’s a fact that boxing is not dead. It’s still generating lots of money and there is a great generation of fighters now.

The heavyweight division is in its most exciting position since the 90s, the welterweight division has some amazing talent, we’ve got a super middleweight aiming to win a cruiserweight title. We’ve got stacked divisions all over the sport.

The lightweight division is incredible too.

Boxing isn’t dead it’s just there’s a new market of fans that are interested in YouTube fighters and that’s fine. I don’t like it and I don’t watch it but it’s not a part of boxing for me and never will be

And I get that. But after all these stupid YouTube exhibition fights, guys who used to be on fucking nickolodeon calling out heavyweight champs lol wtf. Can’t take it serious anymore. Exactly the same reason why I’m distancing myself from UFC at this point because even Dana White is getting involved.

1 Like

But you not being able to take it seriously anymore doesn’t make the sport dead - which is the original point I was responding to.

I don’t like the YouTube boxers but their presence does nothing to diminish the state of the actual sport itself. Which is really and truly all I’m saying. It’s not a dead sport.

It’s probably bullshit but widespread reports indicate Anthony Joshua is prepared to take step aside money to let Fury fight Usyk on the condition that he fights the winner.

I honestly hope it to be true. Think it’s the best decision he can make, work under a new coach and get a tune up fight done and face the winner.

2 Likes

Think he be wise to take the money as gets beat by either anyway so gets a double payday

I think he smashes Fury tbh. I’ve always believed that. Styles make fights in boxing and Fury hasn’t got a great chin, nor is he particularly powerful.

He’s not as elusive as he’s made out to be either. He’s hit the canvas 6 times in his career and been outboxed by guys like McDermott and run close by Otto Wallin.

Fury has made intelligent business decisions but if he beats Usyk I think he gets steamrolled by Joshua.

2 Likes