Boxing

Yeah, I agree. Time will tell how good he actually is but Whittaker has star potential. The light-heavyweight division is stacked domestically, but if Ben bides his time, he can have a prosperous career.

The top 2 are ridiculously good but you’d think they have a limited amount of time as fighters seeing as Beterbiev is 38.

Whittaker with the right match making and promotion could be the next star of British boxing.

1 Like

Snorefest. Double snorefest.

Joshua and Eddie won’t be getting my money.

1 Like

Joshua vs Whyte will be the opposite side F a boring fight. Will possibly go out to watch it. Think it clashes with Arsenal vs Forest though and hoping to be in London for the weekend.

At least AJ and Wilder have signed for a December fight. That’s the only reason I don’t mind this fight.

If this was standalone without the Wilder fight, I’d absolutely hate it.

1 Like

Neither are taking risky fights before that Saudi payday.

Fury has turned down the Saudi offer for the Usyk fight too.

Couldn’t care less about Fury any more.

2 Likes

Fury will fight Usyk early next year. The Ngannou fight is crap.

Whoever Fury fights bar Usyk, people will complain though. Ruiz, Joyce and Zhang would be decent fihhts in the interim.

I know it’s a mandatory but nobody is critiquing Usyk vs Dubois. That’s an awful fight but people will be synchronised wanking after Usyk wins.

Fury would squash Usyk like a bug.

1 Like

I seriously can’t see that happening :frowning:

Hope I’m wrong, obviously

Genuinely can’t see how it doesn’t happen. Biggest legacy fight and biggest money fight for both.

AJ and Wilder have signed but they aren’t fighting in December now and both will have awarm up that they could (but shouldn’t) lose. Fury is fighting a mma fighter and Usyk, a robotic stiff. More chance of Fury vs Usyk taking place as a big fight in my eyes even though not signed yet.

1 Like

Eddie looking like a fraud, sounding very desperate/liar/smurf and utter loser right now. TONS OF TICKETS are still available (It hasn’t sold out) Expects TONS of tickets to appear on Stubhub - the event WON’T sell out. Enjoy your weekend people :+1:

1 Like

Eddie Hearn? A fraud? Hold the front page!!

Seriously though, Hearn’s decision to put Kell Brook in with GGG has got to be the worst handling of a fighter EVER. Obviously Brook had a chip on his shoulder about the amount of pr Amir Khan was getting back in the day, which is understandable given Khan’s clearly suspect chin. However, to jump one weight and fight the number one is dodgy. To jump two weights and fight an absolute beast is pure kamikaze. Brook could, and should, have stayed at welterweight, unified, then gone for undisputed. This would have raised his profile immeasurably, and four titles on the table would have given him complete control of any payday fight against Khan.
Brook should never in a million years have got in the ring with Golovkin. Despite Brook’s obvious skills, GGG was just too big and too strong. Brook suffered a damaged eye socket in that fight, and then another damaged eye socket in the very next fight - almost certainly as a result of residual damage. He was never the same fighter again, and as a result, came up short in his subsequent title fights (although he did rather predictably put Khan away). Any promoter with two brain cells would never have made that fight. But Eddie Hearn did…

Can anyone think of a worse case of boxing matchmaking?

Mikie Garcia went up two weights to fight Errol Spence. The Brook call wasn’t that unique. I agree it was a bad call though as Brook was never the same. He had no business at middleweight.

1 Like

Tyson Fury is a joke

1 Like

The fight taking place in Saudi is positive. Am even more sure that he fights Usyk I Saudi early in 2024.

1 Like

It’s embarrassing that the WBC HW champion has turned down fights with Joshua, Usyk (on multiple different dates and locations for a variety of purses) in 2023 and now gets himself a cross over exhibition fight with someone who’s never had a professional boxing fight.

He’s an ACTIVE champion. He’s an absolutely clown who’s lost a lot of fans with his obvious antics this year.

I called Fury’s character years ago. I’m glad everything I ever said about him is being proven true.

4 Likes

But let’s not pretend that AJ and Usyk don’t want a payday as well.

I’d actually give AJ the most credit. The Whyte fight is far more competitive than Dubois or N’Gannou.

Fury is not scared of Olek flipping Usyk!

1 Like

That wasn’t the point being made about Fury though?

It does. AJ would have fought him. Usyk doesn’t want to fight Fury unless it’s in Saudi for crazy money. He’s got people absolutely buying his every word.