Boxing

He’d destroy him.

Gotta take the fight, though. He might be the one to have to eat humble pie here and meet Usyk halfway rather than maximise profit.

The fans want the fight. Feels like Fury doesn’t as he’s already proved a lot to himself.

1 Like

Fury isn’t ever scared of anyone yet never seems to be able to tie down reasonable fights. He’s literally the common denominator in all of these failed big fights.

AJ fight fell through due to his ridiculous demands all the while he was negotiating the Chisora trilogy in the background.

The Usyk fight fell apart despite Usyk agreeing to all of his demands including the 70-30 purse split yet Fury wasn’t interested.

Fury even lied about being in camp for the Usyk fight. He literally lied about it and his own trainer came out and said he isn’t in the UK for Fury.

And now the Saudi fight fell apart with Fury reportedly not willing to engage with negotiations instead preferring the crossover fight with Ngannou.

The Saudi’ want the fight to happen in the new stadium. The studium hasn’t been completed yet.

Guess what AJ and Wilder aren’t fighting this year either. Are they ducking each other despite signing the contract?

1 Like

I don’t understand what “it does” means in response to what I said.

Fury wasnt being criticised for wanting a payday, so replying to say others want a payday too doesn’t seem to make much sense. He was being criticised for not taking fights and having a stupid exhibition match with a non boxer while being the reigning champ.

Taking a fight with who???

Usyk wants to fight him in the new stadium for big money. That fight is unable to happen this year.

It’s only the AJ fight that Fury pissed about with.

Who should Fury be fighting next in your opinion? There is no point saying Usyk as he is tied up.

Wouldn’t mind a link that supports this new stadium not being complete talk. Never heard of it seems to me AJ and Wilder are signed for a December fight providing no hitches with their tune ups.

Both Frank Warren and Eddie Hearn have said as much. Just last week, Hearn has suggested that it will probably be Q1 2024 for AJ vs Wilder.

Not the greatest source, but it is the Saudi’ holding things up.

Usyk has signed with skills challenge and Fury is fighting in Saudi next.

Seems like a very fucking simple 2+2=4 equation.

Usyk and Fury, the post you replied to literally says it.

Pointless discussion, you swallow anything that comes out of Fury’s mouth cos you’re such a fan.

He’s lost so much credibility with the majority of boxing fans but for some reason you just can’t or won’t take it on board.

Don’t you think it’s a joke that a reigning champ is taking exhibitions against non boxers, serious question? What’s the precedent for this sort of nonsense?

Where have I said the Ngannou fight is a good fight? Fucking hell, you’re hard work or just flipping awkward (maybe socially).

AJ is the most game of all of the heavyweights and even then he was criticised for taking the Whyte fight. Most people criticised him for fighting Usyk the first time around. Usyk has been fighting shit bar AJ and everybody has his nuts in his mouth.

Fury and Usyk will fight. It seems much closer now than it did before

1 Like

How the fuck can Fury fight Usyk when he’s got a fight next month? My God, you’re a madman.

The Saudi’a want the fight back end of this year/early next year.

Maybe they could fight in Tesco car park for free?

1 Like

The lengths people go to defend Fury is borderline comical.

I’m not defending his next fight - it is shite. There is nobody for him to fight that people would accept though.

You think they’d be embarrassed.

1 Like

He’s fighting Ngannou in Saudi. Usyk has a fight next month. Which Saudi fight has fallen through?

I mean he could have just signed the Usyk deal back at the start of the year or actually pursued the AJ fight like a serious fighter. There’s two acceptable options.

Failing that, at least fight an active boxer lol

They were negotiating for a fight. Fury dictated a 70/30 split, Usyk called his bluff, it never happened. That fight was proposed for April , so why you’re bringing up Usyk’s fight next month is beyond me, that’s not the barrier that prevented them fighting lol.

Also, learn to read, I literally asked you a question, I didnt accuse you of saying it was a good fight. I asked you if you thought it was a joke that he’s having that “fight”, and you avoided answering.

You could try answering, you’re the one making it hard work and being awkward by responding as if I said something entirely different.

Edit: seen a post below that wasnt in reply to me, you did give your view on that fight, I take back the bit just above. Still made it awkward by not just replying to an obvious and clear question.

I don’t even disagree. But when you hear that Wilder and AJ are allegedly getting 60m dollars eaxh to fight in Saudi with no belts on the line, it figures that the two Champions would want to fight there instead of Wembley.

Fury vs Franklin or Big Baby Miller would hardly get the boxing world going. He’s going to get paid handsomely for the exhibition.

My beef isn’t with Fury, it is with the WBC for allowing their Champion to take such poor fights. His only mandatory has been Dillian, I believe.

There never was a question. You went on a weird rant.

I made a statement suggesting Fury taking the Ngannou fight in Saudi makes the Usyk fight more likely imo.

I still don’t get your point(s).

2 Likes

There were in fact two questions.

Are you being wilfully stupid? (That is also a question, the “?” is a very handy indicator)

1 Like