Boxing

Heard it’s bombed financially though. Think it would have been huge here in the UK.

Taylor hasn’t got the fanbase over here for it to be a huge fight. He made the mistake of dropping 3 of the straps as well so the fight can not be dubbed as undisputed.

Can imagine it tanking on PPV.

I heard it hasn’t even sold out The Theatre at MSG which only seats about 4-5k people. Surely he sells out 20k at the o2 or one of the northern arenas.

He could probably sell out a Scottish stadium, doubt he’d do 20k in England. No Americans are buying a fight that would be mid afternoon in their time either.

Taylor should be the biggest name in UK boxing outside of Fury and AJ.

Any man that beats Prograis should be a star in this country. I reckon that Caterall “win” and the fact they never ran it back massively hurt his standing here too.

Taylor should have gone up to 147 but the fact he stayed at 140 and they never ran it back will be a stain on his name.

Caterall is a clown too though. Waited around and built up inactivity instead of going right for another fight. Then ended up injuring himself when the rematch did get made

Taylor is Scottish - the English will never love him. Think he’ll run it back with Catterall before moving up. That 147 division has the belts locked up with Spence and Crawford though so it’s difficult to suggest he should move up soon with those tied up into at least back to back fights. He might as well wait for one or both to move up and vacate.

Rumours that Catterall will be fighting Prograis next.

38 seconds in (Wait for it)

What do you think of Rice signing for Arsenal?

1 Like

You will find out next season.

1 Like

My God, that was shit.

Back to boxing, great fight at the weekend just gone.

Spence vs Crawford press run has started as well.

1 Like

Certain someone can’t get mentioned in America - especially by the rappers :laughing:

Looks like a hostage situation lol.

1 Like

But but Fury has some illiterate crack (da) baby shouting him out amongst incoherent N bombs.

Friday Night Boxing - 16th June 2023

Frazer Clarke vs Mariusz Wach
Caroline Dubois vs Yanina Lescano
Aaron McKenna vs Uisma Lima
Viddal Riley vs Anees Taj
Issac Chamberlain vs Dylan Bregeon

TV Sat - Sky Sports Action HD

https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1671155684694720513?t=XCSYLMCblYcW_02IUW7SUg&s=19

1 Like

This weekends boxing fight fans. Not bad, not bad at all.

Franchon Crews dezurn vs Savannah Marshall (Sky Sports Main Event HD)
Zak Chelli vs Mark Jeffers
Ben Whittaker vs Vladimir Belujsky

Dalton smith vs Sam maxwell (Dazn)
Pat Mccormack vs Tony dixon (Dazn)

Jared Anderson vs Charles Martin (Sky Sports Main Event HD) USA
Arslanbek Makhmudov vs Raphael Akpejiori (Sky Sports Main Event HD) USA

Crap with a Capitul Cee yoo.

Kinda wanted Whittaker to get smashed here. Bit of a twat.

I think British boxing really needs someone like him around right now. We have some real talent here at the moment but I generally find them quite dull and unengaging to the public imagination. Whittaker definitely provides something different and actually when listening to his interviews I find he comes across as a smart head on young shoulders.

I really think of them all the talent we have right now him and Azim look legit and could go on to do some big things.

2 Likes