Boxing

wonder what Jakey boy will say now, and not our own jakey

Fury is a shit fighter and Paul just spent the whole fight running round trying to hug him wtf !!

1 Like

Cunt. Pulling the Tyson Fury “mental health” card after failing a drug test lol.

These guys are all shameless.

1 Like

Conor Eggs Bennedict

Frank Warren pretty much confirmed Usyk - Fury isn’t happening

When the Saudi deal was in the works apparently Fury asked for more money than the Saudis were prepared to put up. And now the fights been moved to the UK, Fury is no longer satisfied with the purse and Usyk wants 50-50 so the fight won’t happen.

This is the same man who said he’d fight for free lol

1 Like

Make Usyk the mandatory challenger, and strip him of his belts if he refuses to fight.

Simple.

This weekend boxing fans.

Tim Tszyu vs Tony Harrison (Australia) No UK broadcaster as of yet. (4:30am in the morning, better double check)

Paris, France.

Thomas Faure vs Dan Azeez (Sky)

Tony Yoka vs Carlos Takam (Sky)

1 Like

1 Like

Lennox Lewis has a claim to be the best heavyweight ever. Saying he beats Fury is no slight in Fury. Hate Simon Jordan’s boxing takes. I like him in general but not on boxing. Him and Spencer Olivers podcast is clearly an ex boxer in Spencer and a guy who haven’t got a fucking clue.

Fury and Usyk will fight, but Fury will prove his point first - that Usyk isn’t a draw.

Usyk would get more for taking 15% of the purse to fight Fury than 50% to fight anybody else not called AJ.
Fury would punch holes in Usyk but he knows his value in this fight.

Usyk - Chisora did 3x as many PPV buys as Fury - Chisora did in December. For all the talk of Fury being a draw the reality is that he isn’t. He doesn’t do big numbers and that’s why the Saudi were not willing to offer what they’d offer AJ to come to the Middle East.

Fury priced himself out of the Saudi deal by asking for too much and now he’s asking for too much again. Usyk team said they’re flexible on the 50/50, but the guarantee Fury wants is not affordable. Even Warren basically said he only has a certain amount he can pay and it isn’t enough.

Chisora vs Usyk did 900k buys?

Can’t remember it being PPV. I remember watching the fight on Sky but no way would I have paid for it.

Oh God, just checked - it was PPV. 100% didn’t pay though. If that did over 500k that’s unbelievable.

Will be interested to see the pull of Usyk in his next fight.

Usyk also has that Ukraine sympathy behind him.

Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte did over 800,000 PPV buys on BT Sport Box Office (Attendance 94,000 sell out)

Tyson Fury vs Derek Chisora did over 500,000 PPV buys on BT Sport Box Office (Attendance 59,769)

Anthony Joshua vs Jermaine Franklin has over 8,000 unsold tickets available (Not PPV)

1 Like

A lot of people will draw the line at £27 for PPV! The only fighters I’m paying to watch Usyk go against are Wilder and Fury. As much as I respect Usyk, I’m not parting with the cash to see his fancy footwork. I’d be paying to see if Wilder can land or the approach Fury would be using.

The Wilder fight is 50/50, but Fury wipes the floor with him.

Wilder vs Fury 2 did more buy vs Lewis/Tyson. I’m not doubting for a second that Wilder was a huge draw in this fight but where is this notion that Fury isn’t a draw coming from?

I’m still not buying that Usyk did nearly a million buys vs Chisora.

1 Like

Imagine telling the unified heavyweight champion who just beat the second most popular fighter in boxing in back to back fights that he’s only worth 30% of the purse

Even if you think Fury deserves the lions share Usyk is a bigger draw than Wilder who’s a proven PPV flop.

It’s like when he offered AJ 40% and AJ accepted despite being the considerably bigger PPV draw and then set some ridiculous deadline because AJ called his bluff.

1 Like