Boxing

Fury is minted. Stop being a greedy twat, and give the fans what they want.

Why should he though? He’s the prize fighter. The promoters are going to get paid but Fury is the draw - he should get his value.

1 Like

And therein lies the problem with boxing.

I think that’s fair enough, but the point is that it shows he’s pretty full of shit when saying he’d fight for free or give his purse to charity.

It’s fine to be motivated by money, we literally all are to some extent or another, but don’t go round acting like you don’t care about money and aren’t motivated by it if your actions will later betray that sentiment.

I think that was SRCJJ’s point in that post

Most of what Fury says needs to be taken with a pinch of salt as he’s a walking contradiction! Depending on the negotiations, money is an understandable barrier.

A similar argument could be made for Usyk of even if you took 25% of the split, this is the biggest fight of your career and your biggest payday so shut up and take what you’re given.

The fight will happen but both fighters will probably need to lower their demands. With the fight probably not taking place in the UAE now, the overall purse will have to be lower.

Mid-may stadium fight in London or even Old Trafford if the football season is over would be epic.

2 Likes

Boxers putting their lives (literally) on the line and wanting to be paid adequately for it is so far away from problem of professional boxing.

Promoters and too many organisations are the problem in Boxing.

I’d have sympathy for that if he didn’t fight a bum like Chisora three times.

You do know that Chisora was the heavy favourite the first time they fought?

Well you probably don’t but the first two were good fights at the time. The third was a travesty.

Fury needs a lot more respect for what he has done. Went to Dusseldorf to beat Wlad, dethroned Wilder against all odds, flattened Whyte and us one fight away fromm cementing his place in history.

What do you think Fury should have done with his career to date?

1 Like

Why is Chisora a bum? Didn’t look to bad vs Usyk a couple of years back, some (not me) think he edged the fight.

David Adeleye vs Dmytro Bezus tonight on BT Sport 2

1 Like

Nice one. Didn’t even realise that BT had a card on tonight.

Been focused on Wood vs Lara tomorrow.

Don’t really watch boxing but looking forward to this one lol

Well done Badou Jack

Despite Fury clearly being ahead they’ll definitely score this a draw lol

Decent watch tbf.

Fury deserved win

That’s what happens when he comes up against an actual boxer then

Fury is an awfully average boxer and that just goes to show the level Jake Paul operates at lol.

Glad to see the clown show get stopped in it’s tracks for now at least.

They’ll fight again and milk this shitshow

Jake Paul has a rematch clause if he lost.

Rematch doesn’t sell in my eyes but they’ll definitely do it lol