Black Lives Matter Movement

Unpopular opinion but I think it’s virtue signalling tbh.

There’s plenty of instances where British police have mistreated/killed plenty of black and brown people under shady circumstances here in the UK what did they do to raise awareness for them?

Their holier than thou attitude as club is very off putting

2 Likes

Wow, this devolved quickly. Leave it to Trion to completely derail a thread with a racist comment only to back pedal and try to pass it off as a joke. It’s the same behavior I see from my racist, redneck family when ever they make virtually identical “jokes”.

2 Likes

Exactly.

They did NOTHING to counteract racism when Suarez was proven to be a racist. Instead, they shamelessly adorned t-shirts bearing his name, in support of him.

Liverpool can do one.

I never back pedal, it was genuinely a joke.
And if that’s all it takes to derail a thread, then you guys have nothing to add.

America has a big problem on its hands. The number of these types of police brutality cases may very well outnumber statistically in cases with white victims proportionately with the way whites outnumber blacks demographically at this point—I wouldn’t be at all surprised if that is true given how conscious all police forces must be of this issue at this point—but the odd documented case with a black victim is going to pop up irregardless (@JakeyBoy :crazy_face:), especially with how big of a story they make and how incentivised filming something like that is now.

Only solution is to really make scapegoats out of these policemen, which while you can understand sets a bad precedent and will put the police unions and what not all up in arms, it’s pretty much the only real option if you want to avoid a race war. Plus these guys are inevitably cunts and can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs and all that.

Especially now with coronavirus which like all economic phenomenons in the US hits the black (poor) community extremely disproportionately, further incentivising or not discouraging looting and rioting, because they’re already in dire straits.

Good job it’s got a great president and administration at the wheel to tackle such tough problems, though, like in Spain. :clown_face:

Are you being deliberately obtuse or is this the real you? The Bangledeshi Genocide was a racial genocide, which is obviously killing based on ethnicity you absolute cretin was a key component. Lets quote those that have studied it:

There had been opposition to military rule in West Pakistan as well. Eventually the military relented, and in December 1970 the [first ever elections] were held. To the surprise of many, East Pakistan’s Awami League, headed by [Sheikh Mujibur Rahman], won a clear majority. The West Pakistani establishment was displeased with the results.

In Dacca following the election a general said “Don’t worry, we will not allow these black bastards to rule over us”. Soon President [Yahya Khan] banned the Awami League and declared martial law in East Pakistan.

With the goal of putting down. According to Eric Heinze the Pakistani forces targeted both Hindus and Bengali-speaking Muslims.

In the ensuing, the army caused the deaths of up to 3 million people, created up to 10 million refugees who fled to India, and displaced a further 30 million within East Pakistan.

Rounaq Jahan alleges elements of racism in the Pakistan army, who he says considered the Bengalis “racially inferior—a non-martial and physically weak race”, and has accused the army of using organised rape as a weapon of war. According to the political scientist, the Pakistani army looked upon the Bengalis as “subhuman” and that the Hindus were “as Jews to the Nazis, scum and vermin that best be exterminated”.

This racism was then expressed in that the Bengalis, being inferior, must have their gene pool “fixed” through forcible impregnation. Belén Martín Lucas has described the rapes as “ethnically motivated”

1 Like

Have you not argued with Trioncito before?

6 Likes

You’re being incredibly disengenous. To compare the slight loss of life to people of people of colour to British police compared to the mass loss of life to people of colour under the US is night and day.

You’re frankly making an absolutely disgusting comparison, knowing some of the American polices racist murders and brutality that goes on over there.

1 Like

It’s more to do with the way Liverpool are spinning this, mate.

Pretty certain @sevchenko isn’t taking the situation in the US lightly or even likening it to anything that’s ever gone on here (because it hasn’t- not to that degree anyway)

Thread about black lives matters:

• topic becomes a discussion about rap music and Liverpool players taking a knee.

I think this thread in itself is everything you ever really need to know about how people who don’t care or are in denial will do anything but address the matter itself tbh.

6 Likes

Honestly I think black people have unbelievable restraint in America, at least in recent decades.

I can’t believe they haven’t began arming themselves on a widespread scale, like the black panthers did.

Given how easy it is to get guns, and how little help and protection they get from the police (in fact they need protection usually) I am surprised they haven’t began protecting themselves.

Feel like it’s time to bring the panthers and the nation back.

And who knows, that might be the quickest way to get gun control in America.

1 Like

Yeah but people will still tell you they’re animals because they listen to rap music and some of them are looting lol

3 Likes

@arsenescoatmaker Let me give you how we arrived here.

SD accused South Asians to be discriminatory to black people.

I argued South Asians don’t have any history of discriminating black people.
When we speak black, we are talking about Africans/African Americans. Not someone dark in complexion.

You mentioned Bangladeshis.

1. Bangladeshis are not black.
  2. Bangladeshis were killed because of ‘racial’ and political reasons. They are as brown as Pakistanis.

And for fuck sake, don’t make me justify crimes committed by Muslims and especially Pakistanis.

I don’t really think a discussion on a football forum serves as a very good microcosm for anything, except maybe a discussion about football, tbh.

Indeed, the fact it became partly a discussion about Liverpool is perfectly explained by it being a football forum (aside from Dave being like 5% of the forum’s posting power, and being obsessed with hating Liverpool), and the rap part is pretty well explained by Trion being another 5% of the forum’s posting power.

I don’t think any educated person in the US is really unaware of the problem, or in denial of it in the least, tbh; if anything you can make an argument for the opposite (ie, people are heavily conscious of race/gender issues nowadays–where’s the room for all the other issues? It’s just the area I’m interested in, but as an example, is there even such a thing as film/literary/art critique that doesn’t contain a racial/gender based analysis?). This naturally extends to other 1st world countries (like Britain). Of course, work still to be done with 2nd and 3rd world countries and the poor populations of US (which is like it’s own 3rd world country), but that goes for everything to do with educating and making people conscious/aware.

Anyways, just a bit of a bugaboo of mine, I disagree with the feminist/racial angle that this is all about people not being able to accept racism’s existence or its insidious nature or its prevalence or finding clever ways to deny it. In no place as much as America is the educated population aware of this, in no place are people so sensitised or borderline obsessed with these issues (racism and feminism). Yet the former is still a far bigger problem here than it is in Spain, say, where racism is far more prevalent, obvert, and less politicised/politically conscioussed topic. That tells me this is more about legacy effects, economic effects, demographic effects (ie, far bigger black population in US than Spain) and not dealing with them properly with actual legislation and economic iniatitives than it is about educating, making conscious, and recognising the problem. If anything it might be with Trump and the counter-reaction from the 3rd world/dumbass hilbilly population of America–which is after all at least half of it–that we’re seeing the other side of that coin, ie, the reaction you get from a part of the masses when they are fed up of hearing about an issue.

1 Like

Absolutely. Imagine if a group of armed black men stood outside a government building?

There’d be chaos. The right wingers would be confused as hell. Do they stick to the 2nd amendment argument, or carry on being racist? ;p

7 Likes

You get trash in every race as you well know. In America tbh I think trashy white folk get a huge pass cos theyre possibly seen as “funny” or whatever, like it’s some caricature. But they’re often the most racist, backwards, ignorant, would happily kill a black person if they could people.

No such pass for trashy black people, and then that stupidly becomes a stereotype almost all black Americans are tarnished with. Guilty until proven innocent kinda shit. It’s a mess.

Thank you, Abou.

Help yourself to a brandy.

1 Like

Still a weird flex to make this thread about Liverpool imo :man_shrugging: but its a free forum

Liverpool made it about Black Lives Matter