Bernd Leno

I’m not saying we should definitely be ruthless in this case and play Leno, I’m just saying I’d be immensely pissed off, if we miss out on this trophy due to a Cech blunder, mind you Leno can come up with one too, so hoping whoever plays don’t fuck this up.

3 Likes

Maybe I’m just being a cunt, but I’m sceptical of an athlete that feels they need to retire the very next day being a fundamental part of the whole 90-120 minutes of the biggest game of the season.

We’ve seen enough Cech mistakes in recent years to probably be justified in not wanting him to play a cup final over our first choice keeper, even if he’s been doing well recently.

I thought the point of giving cups to the #2 was to appease them, but if he’s gone anyway, I don’t really see much point.

Players and pundits talk about big game experience and winning breeds winning mentalities etc. Maybe that means Cech gets the nod over Leno on merit and I’ve no idea if Leno is a bottler on big occasions or something, but if those things are true and Leno is potentially our #1 for the next 6+ years, shouldn’t he be getting those experiences? For all we know this could be the only final Arsenal have in the next decade.

His final game in football too and against Chelsea, it’s really a bunch of subplots we could do without.

7 Likes

Romero was picked over De Gea in 2017 EL final.
In normal situation, De Gea in a no brainer, right?

I got your “Chelsea” point, but if United could do this, we are not worse than them.

1 Like

Us and Chelsea are evenly matched though in comparison with United/Ajax at the time. Every single detail can make the difference.

Leno should start as his our best keeper, this is professional sport and an absolutely massive game for the club and it’s fortunes.

I simply know that Cech will be the one starting though, so no point discussing it to much.

Remember when Per Mertesacker had hardly played one minute for us in 2017 and everyone was freaking out saying Chelsea was gonna push our shit in with him playing in the back 4 of the FA Cup, and then he went out and had the best match he ever played in an Arsenal shirt? I know u guys remember cuz it’s the same ppl in here saying Cech shouldn’t be playing :joy::joy:

Like I said before, it’s his last match, he’ll probably be more focused than he ever has, I’ve got no issues with him playing GK in the final.

2 Likes

I’m sure you had your doubts about Mertesacker playing in that up final too.

Wuts an up final?

False.

There is no significant difference in Cech and Leno.
It is not Leno and Martinez.

Also, what’s the point to have Cech to play all EL games but to exclude him from playing the final?? This is plain stupid and senseless.
If he was designated to be the starting keeper in the EL, so be it, he “earned” it.
Leno being a “better” keeper or not is simply not in consideration and discussion.
It is not about who is better who is not.
It is simply that Cech “earned” it, so let him play, as long as he is healthy.

Yeah hawwww

Cup

@shamrockgooner ur 100% correct it wasn’t everyone, you and I were positive from the start, fantastic attitude my dood 🖒🖒 :grin::grin:

Yikes to this one especially lelelel :joy::joy:

Then there’s the supposed troll who actually more often than not turns out to be the voiceof reason, ironically enough :grin::grin:🖒🖒

Something I completely forgot about was the outcry in regards to Ospina starting, and he came through with like 3 or 4 fantastic saves that day. He was our Cup keeper btw :open_mouth::thinking::thinking::eyes::eyes::eyes:

5 Likes

Like a time machine, the board troll turns the tables…:arteta:

1 Like

There is no way Cech doesn’t start so no point arguing.

Yaaaaas Queen, rocking it with the time machine posts!!

1 Like

Days when Mustafi being out was considered bad

6 Likes

You had your doubts too.

3 Likes

All our players are settling!

3 Likes

So that’s why his gloves are so big.

2 Likes