Bernd Leno

No worries, he will get all the opportunities to do so next season.

Something very apt about Arsenal choosing a Bruised Banana as a symbol of our away kit.

Cunt

1 Like

Just work your way through the other ten now.

1 Like

Iā€™m so happy weā€™ve got this guy. Still feels weird that weā€™ve got a good and consistent keeper at last. That save late in the game saved us of the ultimate embarrassment.

7 Likes

Goalkeeperā€™s gloves signed by Bernd Leno are being auctioned off for charity- The entire proceeds will go straight to Ɩsterreichische Sporthilfe (Austrian Sports Aid): https://www.unitedcharity.de/en/Auctions/Gloves-Bernd-Leno

So, Leno or Cech for the final?

Leno for me as heā€™s been the better keeper. I get the sentiment for Cech and heā€™s done relatively well in this competition. However, heā€™s done for Arsenal and there is a lot riding on this outcome in terms of the summer transfers, etc.

Thanks Cechā€¦ but Leno for this one.

3 Likes

Should be Leno imho, but if Emery holds to Wenger form, it will be Cech.

I want Leno also, butā€¦ you know, since Cech was playing all the EL gamesā€¦ there is nothing wrong to put Cech there.
Cech started it, let him finish it.

Its a chance for the new manager with one of his own signings to win something. It vindicates both in a positive light if we win.
Look he is a Chelsea legend and basically been an average signing that nobody loves or hates. Its an easy one to make.
Im fed up already about hearing about his emotional feelings. Understand it but it means nothing to me. Simply Leno.

10 Likes

It is not about that.
If you donā€™t trust him, you wonā€™t play him in every EL game.
Since he started it, let him finish it. It is not like we have a A+ keeper and to play a C keeper in the final.
This is called ā€œrespectā€. Cech earned it, and let him finish what he started.

Fair point but the Chelsea thing is bothering me. Not suggesting anything underhand but it could be a distraction we can do without.

1 Like

I think it should be Cech, he was reliable enough to get us to the final and no one has been talking about dropping him until now.

Whatever will be will be.

2 Likes

Itā€™s his last game, ofc Cech is playing. No-brainer.

1 Like

Leno is a better keeper than Cech and that right there makes it a no brainer as to who should start.

9 Likes

That would be the No-hearter.

3 Likes

If there would be any player who Iā€™d think would be professional enough it would be Cechā€¦

2 Likes

Arsenal are a very sentimental club, Cech has played every Europa League game and gotten us to the final and itā€™ll be his last ever professional game against the club he is a legend of.

Of course heā€™s going to play over Leno lol

How is it even a question?

I donā€™t mind it, heā€™s played well in the Europa League and got us to the final and he has the pedigree so why not

5 Likes

Because we have a better goalkeeper and this game is a massive fucking deal.

I think we all know that Cech is unquestionably starting this match, some of us are just saying that weā€™d do it differently.

Iā€™d have been playing Leno since several rounds ago at least, if Emery felt the same way thereā€™d be no talk of being heartless towards Cech now, everyone would accept playing Leno as being the obvious thing to do, and only nutters would be talking about dropping him so Cech can have his final professional game be against Chelsea.

3 Likes

I also think Cech should play. Heā€™s got skin in the game heā€™ll turn up against Chelsea and play one of his best games for us ever.