Bernd Leno

Yeah Leno could very well turn into shit in coming games and we will be back to abusing him.
Let just gather a bigger sample size on him.

Waiting for the next pendulum swing on this thread where every one calls him shit again :joy:

Seriously though, considering the prices keepers command at the middle as well as top end it seems nothing short of a steal, he may still have another gear he can reach if he truly fulfils all the early promise and potential.

Hasnā€™t looked back since taking over as #1, another area I big him up on apart from the obvious is his strong mentality. Never crumbled from the early criticism and took it all in his stride, thatā€™s something that top keepers have have in abundance; the ability to be unflappable in practically any situation.

5 Likes

I donā€™t think you can best the price comparison/level that Leno possess and how compatible he is to this current Arsenal team.

Itā€™s looking like good business to be fair and itā€™s only acceptable for those that stuck by him early on to give it back to those who quickly wrote him off.

2 Likes

I thought he was a dud, and justifiably so.

Player of the month :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Still an absolute beast of a save, I canā€™t remember a game Iā€™ve watched live where a save as great as that has come from one of our keepers ( I donā€™t watch that many games)

2 Likes

Heā€™s on three clean sheets in a row now. Hope he gets 4 on Sunday :giroud3:

5 Likes

Absolutely deserved. He has become a key player for us after a shaky start.

Best player for us today. Kept us in the game even though we never were in the game.

11 Likes

I scored it about 4-0 to Everton if it werenā€™t for some bad finishing and Leno being alert

He got a standing ovation at the end. As pissed off as we were, Leno was unanimously applauded

6 Likes

Silver lining that even though the rest of the team is pants his level is not dropping.

Bodes well going forward.

2 Likes

Another class save from him last night to help keep a clean sheet.

9 Likes

bet @Phoebica still doesnt rate him though :giroud:

I rate his looks. Will that do? :wink:

2 Likes

His worst game for us by a long way. Horrendous for their 2nd and should do way better on the third

Yeah heā€™s had a stinker, but after 3 very good months Iā€™ll allow him a games grace.

13 Likes

Yeah, he can get back to being decent when we are playing in Europa League next season.

1 Like

Given what weā€™re like away tonightā€™s game was over before Lenoā€™s mistakes anyways, we needed the opening goal. Chasing a game away with Emery as manager away from home ? Lol

He hasnt played in the Europa yet though.