Benjamin White (4)

Don’t forget his absolute passion merchant hoofball out for the corner which was completely unnecessary.

White is easily one of my favourite players but that entire segment was banter era quality. Hopefully he’ll realize you cant give anything away at these levels, I’m just glad it was a painless enlightenment

3 Likes

Don’t forget he came home early from the World Cup though. We don’t really know the full story there. It might be a case of Southgate just not trusting him now, no matter his form. Not that form is all that important to Southgate, mind, given he continues to pick Harry Maguire.

England’s loss is our gain. Whatever went on in the summer he is clearly out of favour, but the reality is Ben White is currently the best right back in the Pl. A couple of weeks off will do him world of good and will be ready to go again against Leeds.

6 Likes

It was pure frustration and pretty funny given the scoreline. If I had to guess I’d say he was talking a decent amount of shit during the game.

I didn’t notice this on the telly, but given the Brighton connection and Love Island image…

1 Like

We also know that Zaha gets wound up really easy. White and Holding might have been chirping at him. Holding reviving his WWE heel character from that FA Cup final where he dominated Costa.

1 Like
5 Likes

Such an underrated player.

1 Like

The play to Saka around 1:25

:oof:

He’s all-round just excellent. A total match to this team.

4 Likes

Genuinely one of the most likeable characters in this new batch. Arteta has turned him into one of the best right backs in the league. Never imagined he’d be so consistently flawless playing there.

13 Likes

Get him wrapped in cotton wool for the next few days and let him put his feet up

2 Likes

I just didnt see him moving to RB as anything other than a temporary necessity at first, never would have seen it going so well that basically nobody would want to move him back to the centre.

I wonder if Arteta always intended this for him, or if he did it temporarily but quickly realised he was on to a good thing and ran with it. Not to suggest for a second that he deserves any less credit if the latter is the case.

5 Likes

Worth 50 million, or no?

6 Likes

With a multiplier. Really wrong about this signing. White has been terrific.

2 Likes

I honestly thought the same. Geniunely thought we’d be found out with him eventually on the right and it couldn’t be further from the case. He looks an absolute animal playing there and now that he’s adding more output he genuinely is one of the best fullbacks playing in the league right now.

I’m sure there probably was an element of luck to Arteta trying this out but it takes courage to make these decisions in the first place

3 Likes
9 Likes
11 Likes

:arteta4: .

5 Likes

:trossard: :trossard:

4 Likes