Benjamin White (4)

:trossard:
:martinelli:
:bergkamp:

4 Likes

Unsung hero of todays match.

Really? Didn’t see anything stand out tbh.

2 Likes

Thought he had a rough first half. Was a bit better in the second, but far below his usual form.

1 Like

Thought he was out of position for their first goal, got booked, not sure it was a great day. Maybe it was a competent performance? I’m sure Tierney was bricked up at the thought of sending someone off.

One of the few games where I wasn’t impressed by White. Offered little going forward and left loads of space.

I think he suffered a bit from getting booked so early.

2 Likes

I actually thought he was the best of our back four today.

They all had their moments. White took an early booking, Holding conceded the penalty, Zinchenko looked a little gassed on the second goal, Gabriel looked out of position at points.

Thought he had a bad game
Sloppy on the ball, out of position

Hopefully it was a one off as we need him on top form going into the rest of the games

1 Like

I think he was handcuffed by that yellow card. We know he’s a pretty dirty player and whether or not that card was warranted (I think if he gets a yellow than Konate sure as shit should have had one) it limits the type of game he can play. If Tomiyasu wasn’t made of papier-mâché he would have been on at halftime.

I’m not so sure, I’m talking basic stuff where he was sloppy with the ball or kept giving it away
A yellow card doesn’t affect that

1 Like

He was unbelievable today. Unlucky not to score too.

Gave it all and almost set up a winner in the final minute.

When he knocked back across goal at the end I was convinced it was a goal

2 Likes

Blanco hasn’t quite been leaking errors like Gabriel and Zinchenko

3 Likes

Whtie had some shit games also… just not as fatal as Gabriel and Zinny made

1 Like

He truly belongs at this level. One of the few players yesterday that could hang with the City boys.

Strange how Holding’s presence hasn’t affected hin like others, huh?
No excuses, he has simply been playing the same game he has been playing all season.
Others should take note.

1 Like

I think RCB change impacts him the least in how we play.

As standard, Zinchenko inverts, Gabriel moves left, Saliba goes central and White covers RB and RCB role. With Holding, White still has the exact same role, to cover RCB and RB

He did play Stones onside for City’s second though…so not faultless

I am still not convinced until I see lines and the ball in the same image…

1 Like