Benjamin White (4)

Kept a bad line and got punished

Nothing about that image shows me Whiteā€™s size 25 shoe is keeping him on-side

4 Likes

It would help if you could see his footā€¦

Regardless, he shouldnā€™t be so deep. Everyone else held their nerve and didnā€™t drop before the kick got taken.

I believe he was being pushed by whoever he was guarding in that instance.

1 Like

This is more to do with VAR. Old school the flag is going up and thatā€™s as it should be.
You canā€™t be coached to be this definitive on a cross in.

Yep. Not a small mistake, even more so because he was in a great position to see where the rest of our backline was. He basically played 3 City players onside with his position, they would all be in clear offside if he kept the line with the next last man there (Holding I think).

I thought that was Holding at first, was quite unpleasantly surprised to see that was White when I saw another replay.

Almost the same problem with Gabriel with his positioning against Theo against Southamptonā€¦ Seems we could work on that a bit. :santi:

1 Like

I think itā€™s the opposite. 0:47 secondsā€¦White drops as KDB runs up to take the kick, but then tries to play blocker and that leads to a little tussle

images (14)

2 Likes

:white:

1 Like

Iā€™d say heā€™ll be having nightmares about Mitoma tonight but this ambivalent bastard will probably sleep just fine.

6 Likes

Really struggled especially 1v1, not often you see him on toast for practically the whole game

A day to forget

2 Likes

Worst game in an Arsenal shirt

3 Likes

Looked like how Iā€™d look if I had to go up against a fast tricky wingers.

Could do with taking lessons from Wan Bissaka in that department. If not, itā€™s doomed to happen again most likely in the Champions League.

1 Like

Wan Bissaka was roasted by Mitoma the other day.
His performance at semis was overrated too.

Mitoma screwed himself in both games with his extremely poor end product.

If he should takes notes from someone itā€™s Walker, however, that wonā€™t help much as Walker relies a lot on pace and power, which White canā€™t replicate.

Chambers vs Montero part 2 today

I think White is fatigued tbh, one of the players to run out of gas towards the end of the season.

1 Like

Ā£50m for Ben White; thought it was ridiculous then, still think it is now.

The game against Leeds or Fulham, where he just booted the ball straight into the crowd for a corner from the halfway line which led to a goalā€¦ absolute dumbass.

He doesnā€™t even like football anyway, it clearly showed today. Good grief.

What? You donā€™t think White has been a good signing?

Mate, youā€™ve had some shocking takes tonight lol

5 Likes

Lmao, heā€™s been our most consistent player in our back 5 for 2 years now. White is the last person I would be worrying about.

That right hand side of Saka, Odegaard and White is very much one of the reasons we were in a title race to begin with.

4 Likes

He is a good signing, but he got completely ransacked by Mitoma today. Wish Tomiyasu was fit :frowning_face:

Iā€™d say Mitoma is as tricky a winger as you could possibly play against. Heā€™s rinsing most full backs in Europe.

White had a bad game but his time here largely been overwhelmingly positive.