Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

Yeah there will be some teams that will lose out because the last 10-15 games may not be played, or at least not all of them. But likewise, all the other teams in the playoffs currently would say that their position is equally valuable. So either way, we are going to run into parity issues if the regular season has to be ended prematurely.

At least with the lockout, the season is planned before they start playing.

1 Like

The actual :goat: speaking up. Michael Jordan won’t cuz he’s got shoes to sell.

3 Likes

Brother Kareem :wenger2: :heart:

Looking like 22 teams heading to Orlando for a potential July 31 restart seems to be the talk ATM @BigWeng_4LYFE

1 Like

Yup confirmed today 22 teams in Orlando. Fucks us a bit as a Lakers fan but I’m glad the season is gonna go ahead. Maybe by that time it will be safe to get everyone back at their own arena again. Still a couple months until the first game.

1 Like

When he retired in 1994 he went to play baseball. It was such a weird thing. His dad always wanted him to play baseball and supposedly he did it to honor him (his dad had been murderer just prior). There are a bunch of conspiracies as to why he retired for a couple years and then came back. Some say he was going to be disciplined by the NBA for something, so to spare his blushes he retired and went to do the baseball thing. Supposedly he had a bad gambling problem that had something to do with it as well. Who knows, but he he was a beyond mediocre baseball player who would have never been given the chance unless he was who he was.

I don’t buy those conspiracies tbh…in the 90s there were guys who played two different sports on the highest level (Deion Sanders and Bo Jackson). Fair enough if Jordan thought he could do the same.

Interesting read on it.

You know that if this is true rumours about game 6 in the WCF 2002 or the 2006 Finals all become more credible ;)? Which leads to the conclusion that the NBA is the WWE for basketball.

There’s some sort of weird stigma in sports here in the states where if a player bets on any sports its like a taboo thing. Pete Rose the all time hits in MLB, bet on his own team to win and got banned from the league for life and still isn’t allowed in the hall of fame. So yeh I don’t think the article is saying Jordan threw games like ur referring to the 2002 WCF and Tim Donnehy, but rather the media would have had the knives out for Jordan and the NBA. Stern was always a shady character, so him sweeping something like that under the rug wouldn’t surprise me.

:joy:

Blazers got a tough schedule on the return @BigWeng_4LYFE

1 Like

As a Lakers fan im sorry but I don’t want to face Dame in the first round so goooo Memphis. Gonna be tough as u said cause of the schedule and u lost Trevor Ariza.

1 Like

I was rewatching the last dance and this music came up, man this is an unreal atmosphere, imagine being in that arena at the time in Chicago, what an intro:

So looking forward to the NBA returning. Would love to see the Sixers find themselves in the bubble, but I have no confidence. They screwed up letting both Butler and Reddick go.

Would also love to see the Pelicans make the play-offs. Love both Reddick and Zion (Duke fan here), but also enjoy watching Ingram.

As mu;ch as I hate the Lakers, this is one season that I wouldn’t be too disappointed if they won. Will never cheer them on, but love LeBron and this days are numbered. Bringing glory back to the Lakers would be fitting at the end of his career. That said, still will be pulling for whoever they are playing against.

2 Likes

Wanted to like your post but couldn’t as you want the Pelicans in the playoffs over my Blazers haha.

I can’t wait for it to all all start though, feels like a lifetime ago I was seeing okc and Utah players warming up on court and the game got binned.

2 Likes

I have nothing against the Blazer. Pelicans are purely about the players. If they don’t make it, oh well. In dreamland, it would be a Clipper v Sixers final with the Sixers getting the better of Kawhi this time.

But, yeah, it’s been ages. The Last Dance gave me a good dose of basketball early in lockdown, but damn I’ve been craving some since. Whilst I do like the NBA, I’m a bigger college basketball, so I was so disappointed the season couldn’t finish.

1 Like

Real shame Zion had to leave the bubble. Hope whatever is going on with his family, that it all ends up okay.

Scrimmage games start today in preparation for the recommencement of the season 1 week from now.

Screw scrimmages. Cant’ wait for the real thing!

1 Like