Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

I was rewatching the last dance and this music came up, man this is an unreal atmosphere, imagine being in that arena at the time in Chicago, what an intro:

So looking forward to the NBA returning. Would love to see the Sixers find themselves in the bubble, but I have no confidence. They screwed up letting both Butler and Reddick go.

Would also love to see the Pelicans make the play-offs. Love both Reddick and Zion (Duke fan here), but also enjoy watching Ingram.

As mu;ch as I hate the Lakers, this is one season that I wouldnā€™t be too disappointed if they won. Will never cheer them on, but love LeBron and this days are numbered. Bringing glory back to the Lakers would be fitting at the end of his career. That said, still will be pulling for whoever they are playing against.

2 Likes

Wanted to like your post but couldnā€™t as you want the Pelicans in the playoffs over my Blazers haha.

I canā€™t wait for it to all all start though, feels like a lifetime ago I was seeing okc and Utah players warming up on court and the game got binned.

2 Likes

I have nothing against the Blazer. Pelicans are purely about the players. If they donā€™t make it, oh well. In dreamland, it would be a Clipper v Sixers final with the Sixers getting the better of Kawhi this time.

But, yeah, itā€™s been ages. The Last Dance gave me a good dose of basketball early in lockdown, but damn Iā€™ve been craving some since. Whilst I do like the NBA, Iā€™m a bigger college basketball, so I was so disappointed the season couldnā€™t finish.

1 Like

Real shame Zion had to leave the bubble. Hope whatever is going on with his family, that it all ends up okay.

Scrimmage games start today in preparation for the recommencement of the season 1 week from now.

Screw scrimmages. Cantā€™ wait for the real thing!

1 Like

Well the real thing is only a couple hours away

2 Likes

Westbrook showing no ill effects of coronavirus @BigWeng_4LYFE, 33-11-8 and some big hustle plays late just a couple of weeks after contracting the virus.

Portland got our must win game against Memphis, encouraging signs seeing Nurkic play as well as he did.

1 Like

How are they supposed to be seeding this? Memphis is still like 5 games up they basically have to almost lose every game Portland has to win virtually every game to make the playoffs.

Memphis are currently 2.5 games ahead of us. If 9th finish closer than 4 games to Memphis itā€™ll be an in play tournament between that team and Memphis, the 9th team would need to beat Memphis twice to get a playoff spot.

1 Like

Thanks for an explanation. Seems unfair to Memphis tbh.

1 Like

Yeah it isnā€™t great for Memphis I wholeheartedly agree with that.

Some good basketball already. The Lakers v Clippers game was quality. Good to see Zion gets some minutes for the Pelicans too. Shame he couldnā€™t come on for the final 2 minutes.

1 Like

I loved spending my Saturday watching the Bucks vs Celtics & Mavs Vs Rockets double header.

Just quietly the Mavs would be seething they threw that game.

1 Like

Wrong thread lol

Everybody hitting them threes in the bubble. Hayward, Tatum and Brown 15/21 from behind the arc versus Portland.

What a dreadful last 40/30 seconds for Portland though

Costly loss for us, came from 24 down to take the lead but couldnā€™t close it down the stretch :cry:

Strange day in the bubble, Nets beat Bucks and Suns beat clippers. Important win for the blazers over the Rockets.

1 Like