Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

Klay hasn’t signed that max deal yet, maybe they know they are losing him too?? But more likely I think they will look to move Draymond for more pieces.

Sounds probable. Gives Warriors wiggle room.

KD really did us a solid.

Klay’s staying.

1 Like

Blazers trade Harkless & Meyers for Whiteside, all contracts are expiring, don’t mind that deal for us given the uncertainty around when Nurk will return from his broken leg.

1 Like

Kanter to Boston, decent deal for both parties.

Miami got the cap space required to make the Butler-trade work. As a D-Wade fan it’s very exciting to see something happen in Miami again. Although a team with (only) Jimmy Butler is not going to come close for competing for the title. But I guess this is a lifestyle move too, partially.

Kawhi’s reps contacted the clippers and told them that they weren’t interested. It’s between LA and Toronto.

1 Like

I think this is twitter bull shit, but the same guy who announced that also just said Kawhi to the Lakers is a done deal. Don’t believe it for one second personally but we’ll see…

I have a tough time believing that he’d consider the Lakers instead of the Clippers tbh

Why? If u wanna win championships, it would be over if he joined the Lakers.

I’m trying to figure out if this free agency will be very good for Houston or rather bad. If Leonard joins the Lakers the answer is easy; Butler and Walker not joining the Lakers, or that third star in general, is extremely beneficial for them. Around James and Davis the Lakers still have a lot of work to be done.

Yeah like I said, I’d have a tough time believing that he’d want to join them instead

If the Lakers don’t get Kawhi, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them sign Cousins and team him with AD again. They need a center regardless.

1 Like

Why is Kawhi waiting? What’s the advantage?

Surely teams can’t get other decent pieces if they’re waiting on him?

1 Like

From the start Kawhi’s camp said they were gonna take their time. He’s met with the Lakers and Clippers supposedly and now he meets the Raps today. They say the decision should come soon. You are right tho the market is bare now whoever misses out on him will have some issues spending their money.

2 Likes

For big NBA free agents I thought all this was done informally over the course of a season?

I find it a bit worrying if Kawhi needs to be “convinced” to join the Lakers or that he feels the need to sit with the clippers

Kawhi is very concerned over his health and his knee. He missed like 22 regular season games this season, just resting. Toronto took great care of him, and his big decision was going to be based a lot upon who he felt could care for his health and extend his career as long as possible. I guess he really wanted to get into from all 3 teams about that specifically.

I get that but everybody just saw the blueprint of how to successfully (Raptors) and not successfully (Spurs) manage Kawhi. Surely all teams would be willing for him to load manage?

If Kawhi’s sole concern was winning he’d have chosen the Lakers the moment the AD trade went through.

Feels like he’s signing a two year deal with Toronto tbh

I read somewhere that he demands bringing his personal staff with him much like LeBron did in LA, all the rumours i’ve seen lately point to him joining the Lakers, but if it took him this long to decide, it means there’s still a chance he stays in Toronto imo.

1 Like

This ^^^ he wants his own personal training staff, plus with the Lakers he wanted to be assured about the front officr issues with Magic ect. The rumor right now is that his mind is made up and that he’s a Laker. He had scheduled meetings with the Clippers and Raptors which he out of respect is going to fulfill his obligations. That’s why the decision hasn’t come supposedly. However I could definitely see an outcome play out more similar to what you are saying too @sevchenko. Reality is, that with Kawhi, nobody knows what he’s thinking.

1 Like

Kawhi is turning into OG Simpson here :arteta: