Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

The Celtics are getting Kemba walker too so they might be okay.

It’s a big market and I think maybe they woulda signed with the Knicks, but Kyrie grew up as a Nets fan, guess he convinced KD.

1 Like

Interesting, didn’t think had the stature to bring KD with him

Thought the bigger NY brand would tempt him more

On paper Walker and Hayward would be their best players. We don’t know yet what Tatum and Brown are going to become. That is not going to beat the Nets, Bucks or Sixers, no?

1 Like

I think with KD it’s just a bunch of things. I think he does like to play with Irving, but the narrative that he is a snake and the whole him joining Golden State in general (everybody has some pride in their bones), the opportunities for business outside basketball.

That’s some roster they got there, DLo to the Wolves or back to LA i think.

Location is part of it since they are actually in NYC now, so not really any different to the Knicks apart from the name.

More importantly though, is the Nets are also one of the best-run organisations in the NBA, alongside GSW, Toronto and the LA Clippers. A couple of years ago they had no draft picks for the forseeable future and little to no talent. It’s a fantastic rebuild.

Well-run teams win chips pretty regularly these days (Warriors, Warriors, Warriors, Raptors, Spurs etc etc)

1 Like

They are very good friends.

Officially in now, KD is signing with the Nets.

How confident are you Kawhi will wind up at the Lakers ?

Jim Dolan is Stan Kroekne. I’m sick right now

He grew up in West Orange. Not too far from NY but it’s a distance. I used to see alot of Jersey ballers cross the bridge all the time to come ball with us.

Oh, hello there…

Congrats…ehehehehe :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

As Enes Kanter said, Zion without hops

:eyes:

1 Like

It’s a coin flip. I’m convinced he isn’t going back to Toronto but he could very easily choose the Clippers. They have the greatest executive of all time, Jerry West, working on making that happen. The man is a legend and I would never count him out. If not for that I’d feel the Lakers are a lock.

On the flip side we have Magic who can close a deal. He convinced Lebron last year and I have faith he can land Kawhi. Kawhi’s agent is his Uncle, and he grew up idolizing Magic, and Kawhi’s late father dreamed he’d play for the Lakers one day. So there’s that. A lot of pundits are saying the Lakers are the front runners, who tf knows :joy::joy:

I can’t take this shit no more…I’m on the edge ready to commit that

1 Like

I think the Heat are gonna give Butler the max deal he wants and he’ll stay in the East.

Edit: yup, an hour later and Philly and Miami complete a sign and trade, Butler getting the max in Miami.

Kawhi to the Lakers looking stronger now

1 Like

Lebron, Kawhi, Anthony Davis on the Lakers?? :giroud3: :giroud3: :giroud3:

It’s all over if that happens, Lakers will win the next couple of Championships.

1 Like

Shit is going down. The Warriors did a sign and trade with the Nets, they sent KD and they got Deangelo Russell in return, then to dump contracts they sent Iguodala to Memphis :eyes::eyes: craziest free agency period I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Surely they’ll have to trade Russell in 12 months so they can keep Draymond Green ?