Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

Wow…Kawhi and Paul George as LA Clippers :joy::joy: NBA never fails to deliver.

Five teams have a genuine shot of winning the title. Has that ever been the case before? The Clippers only lost two pieces of that team that won 48 games already. Except for Harris earlier. The Clippers/Nets really have to have confidence in their ability to rebuild after these cycles with the amount of picks they gave away. Although at the same time it doesn’t really matter when you want to be a competitor now.

CLIPPERS!!!

Harrell and Lou Williams off the bench. George, Pat Bev and Kawhi starting. Landry Shamet doing his JJ Reddick impression.

What a team! :fist::sweat_drops:

Have to say, that Paul George move was so unexpected. Most NBA trades are pretty predictable lol I expected Kawhi to go to the Clips after Toronto won, but very surprised it happened like this.

I was hopeful of the Lakers landing him, but as I said here Jerry West is the greatest executive of all time. He’s responsible for the following.

Building the Lakers of the 80s
Not allowing the Lakers to trade James Worthy
Landing Shaq
Trading for Kobe
Getting the Memphis Grizzlies relevant
Drafting Klay Thompson
Not allowing Klay to be traded for Kevin Love
Landing Kevin Durant for GSW
Trading for Paul George
Landing Kawhi Leonard

:goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat::goat:

Clippers like that are my favourite to win the NBA championship.

Really? Hmm. Kawhi okay, Paul George hmmm not sold on him. Disappears in the playoffs. Other than that they have some okay pieces. Bev is a nice defender and okay shooter. Lou is great but he’s not a difference maker.

Gimme Lebron, AD, Kuzma, and Danny Green’s 45% shooting and elite defense all day. Rumors we are getting Iguodala on a buy out from Memphis as well. Lakers are doing it next year.

Bruh. If the Lakers are going to have a elite defense are the Clippers going to have a super elite defense? Beverley, Leonard, George and Rivers is able to build good defensive teams.

I think Philly might deserve the title of favorites. Depending on Brett Brown and his schemes and stuff.

1 Like

We’ll see. Kawhi missed 22 regular season games last year as well because of his bad knee, was running on fumes in the playoffs, and Paul George had surgery on his shoulder and is gonna miss the first month of the season. They’ll be good but not Laker good. Davis, Iggy, Green, and we are gonna sign Morris too…all top defenders and tough as nails. We got this.

Are the Lakers really getting Iguodala though? Can imagine Clippers getting him too tbh.

The NBA won with this move.

A well run team and organisation finally rewarded by getting their star. Good level of parity in the league now

3 Likes

He’s negotiating to be bought out from his current team. It might not happen but the momentum has been building for that move. Pelinka is his former agent and good friend. If he gets bought out he’s a Laker.

1 Like

Kobe said it best. It takes a special type of person to come to the Lakers and win. Kawhi clearly was not that guy. Am I bummed we missed out on him, yes. Those 3 guys are winning the next 2 or 3 championships easily. But is Kawhi all that? His first title he was the 3rd option behind Duncan and Tony Parker, and no way he’s winning the title this last year against a healthy GSW.

Which stage of grief is this? Anger? Denial?

Are you just going to ignore Kawhi’s playoff run? Clippers roster is already better than the one he had at the Raptors.

4 Likes

As much as I loved seeing them beat GSW, we all know the reality they aren’t winning that series if KD is healthy. They are the Clippers they’ll be good but they aren’t winning any titles. As I said George disappears in the playoffs too can’t discount the choking aspect. No need for denial considering the Lakers have 2 of the best 5 players in the league on the team :joy::joy:🖒🖒

And to address this, I would just say the Clippers roster is a bit overrated. They were the 8th seed last season, and PG had Russ last year and was a bottom seeded playoff team. Kawhi won’t get away with missing 22 regular season games in the West, they might not even make the playoffs if that’s the case. Bron had us as a 4 seed before he missed 1/3 of the season and we dropped in the West too.

And yet the reality is that the Raptors did beat Golden State.

PG disappeared from the playoffs averaging 28 points and 8 rebounds? If he disappears like that again, he might ghost his way to a ring.

The Clippers already have a good team/organisation as demonstrated by the fact that they made the playoffs last year with no stars, something ‘2 of the top players in the league’ failed to do. They took two playoff games off Golden State, something Lebron failed to do in KD era Warriors.

Yeah the Raptors wouldn’t have beat a healthy GSW team, but the Clippers won’t have to worry about that as no one is as good as that GSW team anymore.

1 Like

Do u watch the games? PG shot 43% and barely 30% from 3. His shooting percentage the past 3 seasons is terrible in the playoffs and drops dramatically from the regular season to the post, not to mention getting absolutely torched by Dame that entire first round series. Not worried about him as a second star whatsoever. So scoring 28 is good but when it’s not efficient ur only hurting ur team.

A healthy Lebron (which he will be that torn groin was a freak accident and he has zero injury history) and AD is gonna be formidable af. Lebron beat that 73 game winning GSW with Kyrie and a worse supporting cast than the Lakers are gonna have this year.