Atlètico Madrid vs Arsenal (UEL Semi Final 2nd Leg)

Our “link up play” was on full display tonight oh boy. Playing balls through needle eyes and hoping the receiver gets a foot to it and pokes it randomly in to space is just tactic-less drivel.

2 Likes

He wasn’t on the pitch today; instead we had Wiltshire

We needed an extra playmaker on the field and jack was not the one.

As I said, we don’t need that many link up on the team…

As the player play behind the striker, your job is to FUCKING SCORE.
Why fucking pass so much when you are already close to the goal???

If our striker can’t score, then it is attacking midfielder and wide player’s job to SCORE.

We don’t need 3 or 4 fucking link up in the final third and nobody can SCORE.

When Monreal is scoring more than you and get into the scoring position more than you, then it is your problem, right??

1 Like

Dont disrespect the Forehead

Damn… he was really a good winger… great speed, good dribbling skill, average shooting skill…
STILL, miles better and Iwobi and Welbeck.

Remember totti said he was on cr7 level :arteta:

Eden Hazard said he learned dribbling from him also.

Actually, if het met some good managers/coaches in his early years and learn some shooting and timing… he would be a lot better.

Of course, you learn those when you are in a much younger age, not in mid 20’s.

Yep 2 defensive mistakes cost us the tie. Ten fucking years of a manager allowing his team giving up cheap goals and never addressing it means we have become a non entity in europe and our domestic League. Its the legacy of his second half of his history here.

1 Like

It is his fault though. We’ve seen these mistakes before. Countless times. What’s he done to try prevent them from happening again? Nothing. It is his fault.

6 Likes

That big ass piece of chocolate cake hit the spot tho. Eased my troubles temporarily.

Think i’m gonna start on the bourbon now.

6 Likes

After a good night’s sleep.

I feel absolutely shit.

7 Likes

Loooool look what you inadvertently did @Midfield_Maestro :ramsey:

Did you have it in the house or physically go out and grab chocolate cake?

1 Like

LOL what tactics did he get right? Look like you wouldn’t score even if you play a gazillion years tactics?

2 Likes

It’s ridiculous how many of our attacks start with good passing and end with a pointless delivery from a fullback.

We probably could’ve won with two good fullbacks. Especially against a team where the only space is wide. In the first leg Welbazette were winning headers against this defence but I can’t remember a single one last night.

3 Likes

So in other words if we had Cavrajal & Marcelo we’d have been laughing

Culture change badly needed

1 Like

Tbf Real and Barcelona are the only teams capable of beating Atletico on a regular basis, so yeah maybe hah

1 Like

Collectively they have 6 wins vs Atletico in 16 games so I think you are using regular basis broadly :slight_smile:

Well at least it gave me a chance to wear my yellow Özil shirt…desperately searching for silver linings here :joy:

Should probably post some videos after the weekend, the atléticos made a great atmosphere as always, gotta give it to them…good fans.

13 Likes