Atlètico Madrid vs Arsenal (UEL Semi Final 2nd Leg)

Or end results. Gervinho could surprise 1/1000 times Iwobi is the epitome of Wenger ball…wouldn’t know where the goal was if he was living in one. Pass…pass…move to get in position to get the ball back to make another pointless pass. At least Gervinho tried to get to the end line once in a while.

1 Like

@Trion say the same excuses now about spend. Interesting to see what you have to say…

English youth are crap.
They have Koke, Saul etc for peanuts while one good youth in Wilshere comes out crooked.

Weak

Our team us so terribly bad with their technical ability. Iwobi is head and shoulders better on the ball than 95% of our team. Would probably benefit from a new manager more than most.

1 Like

I admire what Simeone & A.Madrid have achieved.

But considering we outplayed them on both ties, I don’t see what is your point.

I wish “good on the ball” was banned from Arsenal lingo. Good at what on the ball exactly? Good at standing there and passing sideways to a wide open teammate? Good at passing and then making such a predictable run that it’s meaningless?

1 Like

No he is a ball carrier. Can drift past opponents, can handle pressure and pressing. That’s the type of player you need nowadays to deal with gen press ect.

1 Like

How can you blame Iwobi, poor guy wasn’t even on the pitch.

Direct ire to any one of the cunts on the field ffs.

There’s plenty to go round:

Monreal, Whilshere Bellerin Mustafi Ramsey Ozil Welbeck

Miki is good on the ball, Ozil is good on the ball.
Not that you can protect the ball, but you have to know when to use the ball, use it correctly, and have the skill to use it.

Sorry, Iwobi is not good on the ball IMO. He is better than Welbeck because he won’t trip himself at least.
Still, I want both of them gone in the summer.

As an attacker, no final third production and contribution is useless.
We don’t need another link-up but can’t score in the final third.

1 Like

:frowning: Too dejected right now to even post photos. Just so envious of Atléticos. In retrospect the tie was over after the first leg. We needed something special to get through this tie and we got it with a red card after ten minutes, but we didn’t take advantage.

7 Likes

We were talking about clean house, whom should stay and whom should go.

That is the most cliche, Arsenal Twitter shit that will be posted today. “Drifting past players” fucking shit. Is there a meaningless analytic for that trait these days? How many drifts did he have this season?

1 Like

Would rather have gone out in the first round.

2 Likes

Well Iwobi and Xhaka despite it being g popular to hate on should be low on the list.

It goes: Koscielny Ospina Cech Mustafi Monreal Bellerin Wilshere Welbeck and a few others not on my mind rn

Take Juve’s money and fucking run

This actually is a fairly important skill in, for example, the repertoire of Iniesta…

But I agree Iwobi is shit.

I just need to vent after that fucking inert display. Arsenal have sunk me further into the pit of sport hell where every moment to savor is followed by an aftertaste that is twice sour.

The worst part is this is just the beginning. With a team this below average and a greedy cheapskate owner how are we going to compete? What players or managers want to come play in Europa qualifiers against far away balkan villages?

A Europa win would have catalyzed a resurgent Arsenal…now it’s going to be an uphill climb.

1 Like

No he isn’t good on the ball; I don’t know why people want to take that away from him. Not good in front of goal yes, but being good under pressure, carring the ball, passing and link up play he is good at.

It’s okay it’s hard to have a diamond eye like Sven and A4tt when it comes to identifying football talent.

6 Likes

My dislike (don’t want to use hate) of Iwobi not because of today.
It is about the overall performance so far.

Yes, a bunch of players played shit today and they should go, but I won’t forget Iwobi’s shitness for most of the season.