Aston Villa

Stupid twats really thought they could get ESR ffs

7 Likes

I never rated their summer business. Twitter hype taking another L.

4 Likes

I don’t think they’ll get rid of him until at least after the window and see how he does at the start of next season.

They might be at the wrong end of the table but they’re not playing too badly.

Not sure about that. I think they played some good stuff early on when he arrived but the past months have been average in terms of football and actual results.
Certainly not what you expect with the pool of talent they have. Gerrard still doesn’t know his best XI…

Should be sacked

1 Like

They’ve really missed Grealish and it’s no coincidence that he was the key player when they were challenging for top four last season but as soon as he was out injured, their form dipped.

Although they bought Buendia to replace him, he isn’t anywhere near the standard of Grealish.

Gerrard has got the same players that got Smith sacked and he’s got to get them to a higher level, which won’t be easy, although I still think he will be a decent manager.

It’s not just him, they added a couple of players. Overall their squad should be challenging for European spot at the very least imo.

Fuck Villa

1 Like

Fuck Aubameyang

Fuck Aubameyang

Aubameyang is the auto suggestion now after i type Fuck

5 Likes

I don’t understand why people keep saying they’re near the relegation zone. They’re 11 points clear. Weren’t they like 1 or 2 points clear when Gerrard took over?

What was anyone really expecting him to do for them that was so great? I don’t think anyone ever said he was going to be the catalyst for something spectacular.

5 Likes

Lmao, I thought they were on the brink from the way people are going on about it.

Good timing this thread, I thought about this last night in bed, had to check where they were in the table and had a little chuckle to myself :joy:

They’re 11 points clear since yesterday, yeah.
Still, they’re closer to relegation zone than a European spot while being one of the biggest spenders in Europe since coming back to PL, in fact, at one point(last time I checked was August of 2021) they were THE biggest spenders in Europe since coming back to the PL.
More than City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Madrid, Barca, etc. That’s mad.

That’s a huge investment. At the very least they should be near the Top 8.

This is the premier league table since Gerrard took over, he’s done pretty well all things considered. Specially if you compare it to how Arteta performed in his first 2 seasons at a much bigger club.

1 Like

Just reestablishing themselves as a PL club takes a few seasons. Considering where they were in the championship, they will be pretty happy you would think.
First season they nearly went and that hasnt happened since. Had a very bad run with Smith and then changed and would of been delighted to rescue this season after that this well.

1 Like

Rangers reaching the EL final after Gerrard fucked off.
Coincidence?
…
…
I guess we’ll never know.

1 Like

Rangers never made a single final in Gerrards three years at Rangers.

Van Bronkhorst makes two in the space of a few weeks :joy::joy:

Didnt they get too the League cup final and lost to Celtic.