Arsène Wenger

Tiresome… so ready for change and somehow finding guts to go for trophies or stand up and say it isn’t enough… FFS I never thought I would say this, but I’d rather we fought for Europa League at this point - at least it would be fun, different, exciting, and it wouldn’t feel so god damn pathetically pointless.

I am ok with hitting some new lows and fighting a different fight honestly. This purgatory is the worst.

1 Like

Well it WAS in the sense that Giroud, Kosc, Ozil didn’t play and apparently Cazorla and Xhaka were not ready for 90 minutes… and depending on how you count Mert and Gabs, they certainly were not fit lol.

Anyway, the whole thing is a shambles and I have zero confidence we are prepared for title run and frankly feel less confident about top 4 than I ever have and I have NEVER yet predicted we would fall out of it (still don’t think we will - feel we will nick 4th - but it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if we hit 5th).

Well get ready for your Arsenal 2017/18 squad with no Özil, Alexis, Walcott, Ramsey, Per, Kos…oh shit…

Poor Granit must be wondering what he’s walked into.

Granit flashed a few first touches that made it look like his feet were made of stone lol. I jest - I like him, but to me he is nowhere near the same category as Ozil or even Sanchez, despite the fee. And I honestly am past worrying about whether they stay or go… I am 100x more concerned about ensuring AW is out the door at the earliest possible opportunity.

3 Likes

Not really fussed about no Walcott, Ramsey and Per to be honest… As for the other 3 yeah thats a nightmare.

1 Like

This statement is confusing. why do you support Wenger when you won’t get any of that with him, but you will get more of it with Klopp?

Edit, Bringing it here where it belongs :slight_smile:

The mistake you’ve made is assuming I support Wenger (which alot of posters seem to assume). Even if I did why should that have any bearing on what I want from the next manager?

Ah! from what i’ve read of your posts you come across as a Wenger supporter.apologies for the misunderstanding :slight_smile:

It doesn’t have any bearing at all. but you would get more of what you would like to see (i think that goes for most of us) from Klopp than you would of Wenger.

If Wenger can tie this up then at least the future has hope and it’ll be the best business he does this year.

We’ve just got an injection of cash, lets see how that translates. Supposedly both are on 140-150k ish, in today’s market, if We’re trying to convince them to commit their best years then we’re really going to have to go well over 200k. We can’t lose these players, theyre irreplaceable so I would hate for them to be willing to stay but us be unwilling to pay them 2016/17 rates.

1 Like

I agree. When you consider the wage structure in world football for top top players which I would consider both, Özil more so. They could easily be pulling in £250k elsewhere.

Where on earth would Alexis Sanchez be getting £12M a year?

United, PSG, China, Chelsea or Real Madrid.

1 Like

Only place there he’d have a remote chance of moving to is PSG and Alexis at 28 would not be on £250k p/w. Di Maria is reported on €180,000. If he did somehow end up at United or Chelsea he wouldn’t be close to anything over £200K.

Alexis needs Arsenal alot more than we need him - This is his level, at any other top club he’d be rotation option

1 Like

‘Alexis needs Arsenal alot more than we need him’

Alright mate.

3 Likes

Really, what are you smoking? I’ve seen a lot of your posts lately and to be quite frank I have no problem with you but they’re horse shit.

Alexis å fucking rotation option? Just head over to redcafe and see how highly they rate him.

Alexis needs Arsenal what to play alongside Ramsey, Giroud, Chambers, Holding, Asano, El Neny et al.

7 Likes

I don’t think money will really be the deciding factor when it comes to these 2 players. Sure, it will play its role, but both could easily stay at what they earn now elsewhere and just move for the added chance of the club achieving something. I think Juventus wouldn’t be a bad shout in that regard or any of ManUtd, ManCity (less likely) or Chelsea, depending on this season.

Was this part really necessary? My post haven’t been inflammatory or been used to troll. I gave been giving valid and reasonable opinions, nothing that qualifies as “horse shit” just because my opinion don’t necessarily conforms to your own views.

At other top club he’d end up as a rotation option similar to what happen to him at Barca. This is because Alexis’ game lacks efficiency in some many areas particularly his passing, finishing, dribbling and counter attacking transitions plus he’s shown to be a very inconsistent player with a questionable big match contribution and a very childish attitude for such a senior player.

At Arsenal and under Wenger he’s guaranteed to start, doesn’t face any real competition and has tactical freedom. He will not get this at any other top european club at 28+. I don’t lose any sleep over the prospect Alexis leaving tbh, there are better and more efficient wingers out there.

1 Like

If either or both of them leave it will be for trophies. the money is obviously a factor, but not the most important factor. both of them are set for life, and while more is always good you have to keep in mind that both players at in the peak of their powers and are not getting any younger.

IMHO, if either or both leave it will be because they don’t believe they will achieve enough before their careers end. this is a make or break season for Wenger because if they leave (especially if it’s for another PL club) how the hell are we going to attract top talent under Wenger again?!

The good thing is we have plenty of them sitting around, just waiting for Alexis to go. Honestly, as long as these alternatives aren’t at the club already, I wouldn’t want to lose any of our better players.

2 Likes

Once again this is largely because of Wenger and his transfer policy/team building ideals

1 Like