Arsène Wenger

Where in the fucking world do fans break into unconditional support when they go 4 1 down at home.
Totally delusional maxi.

5 Likes

Interesting, isn’t it?

PPB’s “What is throwing abuse at him going to change on the situation?” and your own “What is supporting the indefensible going to achieve?” cancel out each other.

The point being that only Wenger himself can sort this out. No amount of uproar on forums like this one can change that. I’m afraid it’s the old ‘Lie back and think of England’ syndrome.

Feels like a broken record every year. Wenger will get us top 4 but he will get us nowhere near a title challenge. It’s fine for Arsene and the board because they collect their fat checks regardless. Only people that must suffer are the fans.

Its also fine for the section of supporters who continue to make up excuses for him when he’s made the same mistakes repeatedly and theres no signs that its going to change.

If Wenger is gone at seasons end ( I still think its only 50-50) watch the AKB say that Ozil and Sanchez didn’t sign new contracts because Wenger was leaving.

4 Likes

I dont think it is just the fans angry with Wenger…if looks could kill!!

1 Like

He just came from a Wales team that their manager’s influence and team spirit carried them farther than they’ve ever been. He’s got to be thinking “what a loser” when he looks at Wenger.

Ramsey can just fuck off. He just puts in an effort for Wales.

6 Likes

Ramsey is the loser here. He gets lame/injured way too often and isn’t nearly as good as he thinks he is.

This summer would have been great to cash in on him, Theo and Ox and use the proceeds to get real “super quality.”

4 Likes

I think hRamesy is the poster child for Wenger’s failed policy of playing players out of position and palying in a way that doesn’t suit the players he has.

4 Likes

:sweat_smile:

9 Likes

:xhaka:

Players had a double training session today, not entirely sure if that’s normal after the first game of the season but it could suggest Wenger wasn’t convinced by the physical condition of the players.

Source?

Yeah because their fitness was the main reason for the defeat.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be surprising at all. We barely had it in us towards the end of the game to really threaten them.

This is like 1990’s type of thinking. Tired? Run more. Lol. You don’t condition during the season. Just more proof of the failure that is every recent Arsenal pre-season.

3 Likes

My biggest concern now after us being completely inept at transfer windows is that we tie down Özil and Alexis to new contracts. Imagine they end up leaving…we really do have an average team then. That shit sends shivers down my spine.

3 Likes

Tiresome… so ready for change and somehow finding guts to go for trophies or stand up and say it isn’t enough… FFS I never thought I would say this, but I’d rather we fought for Europa League at this point - at least it would be fun, different, exciting, and it wouldn’t feel so god damn pathetically pointless.

I am ok with hitting some new lows and fighting a different fight honestly. This purgatory is the worst.

1 Like

Well it WAS in the sense that Giroud, Kosc, Ozil didn’t play and apparently Cazorla and Xhaka were not ready for 90 minutes… and depending on how you count Mert and Gabs, they certainly were not fit lol.

Anyway, the whole thing is a shambles and I have zero confidence we are prepared for title run and frankly feel less confident about top 4 than I ever have and I have NEVER yet predicted we would fall out of it (still don’t think we will - feel we will nick 4th - but it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if we hit 5th).