Arsenal's Best Possible Starting XI?

Yeah Bellerin and Mkhitaryan were the ones I was unsure about.

Didn’t think two full backs there would be ideal if we want to have some creative possession when building up and countering. Mkhi’s quite a versatile player given his attributes. You could easily put Kolasinac/Monreal down the left side and Lichtsteiner on the right if we’re playing it extra safe but it does invite more pressure.

Bellerin’s mainly there because at some stage there does need to be a counter and our midfield and defence needs outlets. Bellerin still has the ability to transition quickly from a defensive position to getting behind the full backs.

Surely our best Emery 4-2-3-1 has become clearer after today.

I said this team before the season started and I still think it is the best we can do.

Unless Emery can turn Bellerin, Mustafi and Socratis into proper defensive players we are stuck with it.

I just hope Emery isn’t as stubborn as Wenger and doesn’t persist with the same under performing defenders and sorts it out it in the next transfer window.

4231 isn’t the best formation with this current team need to change formation to something that fits the players that we have available

1 Like

Well we aren’t signing anyone so, how tf can we lineup this year and get some better results? Here’s the lineup I expect to get shit on by the top clubs in the league (fully healthy):

------------------------Leno-----------------------
Bellerin–Sokratis©–Holding–Kola (Tierney)
Torreira-------------Özil----------Guendouzi
Aubameyang----Laca----Nketiah

Bench: Macey, AMN, Mustafi, Kosh, Nacho, Xhaka, Elneny, Chambers, Smith-Rowe, Willock, Nelson, Miki, Iwobi, Saka

Fuck it give Özil that deeper role that Cazorla excelled at late in his career. I do think Torreira and Guen will have improved. Nketiah is a possible break through season. Loan Mav.

And here’s the team I would like to see given the chance to develop and play in cup/EL group throw aways:

----------------------Macey------------------
Bellerin—Holding----Mav—Tierney (?)
Torreira-----Smith-Rowe----Guendouzi
Nelson-----------Nketiah-----------Saka

Fuck that’s a fairly weak starting 11 for a club of our size.

2 Likes

This is bleak.

5 Likes

Yea my first thought was why the fuck would someone resurrect this thread.

8 Likes

Ffs outside of all the other issues that we have forgot we still had Kola.
Wtf is going on at this club were carrying numptys like this.

1 Like

to show what we still need to do in the transfer window, alot

Just want to see the young guns - hardly anything to be excited about, but at least I will be watching our boys Willock, Nelson, ESR, and Eddie closely - and if other break in, that will be exciting…

at the moment all I’m really exciting about is the next crop of young guns as well, hopefully they can save us

We’re carrying a lot of numptys because we bought a lot of numptys… AFC is slow and tragic at parting ways with said numptys so there you are.

Leno; Chambers, Sokratis, Holding; Bellerin, Torreira, Xhaka, Kolasinac; Ozil; Aubameyang, Lacazette.

Arsenal can’t play with the back four until a defensive LB will not be signed. That tactic plan guarantees protection in every zone of the pitch, especially the half spaces. Could be good to have a player with the same quality but different intensity that Ozil, but what the german offers in terms of passing is absolutly needed at the moment.

1 Like

Leno

Some other cunts

2 Likes

just imagine if thats what emery put on the team squad board

1 Like

100%

----------Laca----Auba---------
--------------Ozil-------------
----Ceballos–Xhaka–Torreira
Tierney–Sokratis–Holding–Bellerin
--------------Leno----------------

Or if we get Zaha:

Zaha------------Laca--------Auba
-------------Ozil-Ceballos---------------
---------------Torreira---------------
Tierney–Sokratis–Holding–Bellerin
--------------Leno-----------------

We’ll probably see Xhaka involved in some capacity knowing Emery but that second team would actually be pretty fun to watch and a massive improvement on the shit lineups that lost us the league and the Euro final.

2 Likes

As of now:

-----------------------Leno---------------------
Bellerin—Holding—Papa—Seakol
----------Torreira-------Ceballos---------
Miki-----------------Özil-------------Auba
-----------------------Laca--------------------

What I’d like to see realistically:

-----------------------Leno---------------------
Bellerin—Holding—Papa—Tierney
----------Torreira-------Ceballos---------
Miki-----------------Özil----------Malcolm/Zaha
-----------------------Auba--------------------

Not sure who I would want playing on the right but Miki is a good an option as we’ve got I guess. Not realistic for a complete overhaul but we are on the verge of remedying several trouble areas anyways.

I’d go with that.
It would mean we have a strong bench as well, with players like Xhaka, Mkhitayran, Iwobi, Mustafi, etc, who are all experienced but I don’t think we’re going to get Zaha.