Arsenal Vs West Ham United (PL)

Did he say why he didn’t like the kickoff time?

It’s a terrible time IMO.

I love having English football in the afternoon, always been like that, tradition. I usually have other plans on a Saturday, there’s always so much to do on Saturday evenings. Don’t like the change at all!

3 Likes

You have plans tomorrow evening?

I get the reason for hating that kickoff time during normal times. But in current times, I agree with @Calum. It beats Britain’s Got Talent :smile:

3 Likes

No, I’ll watch the match.

But most Saturday’s I have plans. Which I enjoy even more if I watched Arsenal win that afternoon. Now it’s a Saturday of watching shit games, wasting time while waiting for Arsenal to play. There’s not much to do on Sat afternoon besides run a couple of errands and watch football, it’s perfect!

Do you all stay indoors still because of covid?

No. I mainly stay indoors because there is nothing else to do. The pubs are open, but they’re not all that fun. Some have a booking policy. Others insist you sit at the table the whole time. No pool or darts or whatnot. It doesn’t feel like much of a treat right now, so I’m happy to stay at home.

3 Likes

Yeah, I know what you mean, it’s kinda similar here. Most of the time I’m meeting friends at their or my place, sometimes a pub but it’s much less fun.

Whenever I make plans with friends it’s pretty much always on Saturdays evening now, because of everyone being very busy and working on weekdays, you gotta plan and plan ahead, ugh. Having Arsenal play on Sat evening gives me fewer options to plan. But anyway, long as it’s only once or twice a season I can cope! But if it was up to me: any Saturday afternoon slot is perfect.

I don’t mind football being on at 8pm Saturday. Or a Monday evening. I just don’t like when it’s Arsenal.

8pm is peak football time any day of the week. It’s especially brilliant when it’s Arsenal on a Saturday.

1 Like

No. He just didn’t like it :man_shrugging:

If this was a normal Saturday and no bastard covid about I would hate it because I’d be out and miss it but because I can’t go out (the same way before covid) I love it.

This is only happening because of the no fans.
I don’t think the police in normal times would allow Saturday night football :joy::joy:

FTFY :slightly_smiling_face:

The best part about being an adult is never seeing your friends and maybe having to attend 3 to 4 social occasions a year.

Fuck yeh I’d rather sit in on a Saturday night and watch Arsenal than go clubbing or some shit.

9 Likes

If it wasn’t for Covid I would have likely gone out clubbing with my friends where we have our annual “September babies” birthday bash (several of us have Sept. birthdays) but it’s more low-key now and instead will have smaller family party before we all tune in to the Arsenal match later.

Yeah, I can only imagine the chaos. The tube stations on a Saturday night in London? There will be people usually heading to the West End theatres, concerts, bars etc. And if we played West Ham at that time, that would be combined with the thousands of fans on the piccadilly line.

As far as staying in goes, I don’t mind our match being on at this time, it’s my Saturday night entertainment and I’m far more excited to watch our games than I was a year ago!

So am I. It’s the only thing we have left to look forward to :frowning_face: :sob: I miss normal weekends so much. :frowning_face:

Probably more accurate to be fair :ozil:

1 Like

You’ve got fifty friends?

That’s 49 more than me (and even that’s me being ambitious)

1 Like

I hope we put this lot to the sword, no been over confident and just get the three points. We need to be beating sides like this home and away this season if we want top 4.

1 Like

2/3-0 to the Arsenal I reckon. Looking forward to this one.

1 Like

This should be a straight forward win for us as we were very good in our first match and they were poor in their match against Newcastle.

I’ll go for a 2-0 win but wouldn’t be surprised if West ham go for the draw and get it.
Moyes knows they didn’t play well in their last game and they won’t play like that again.

Had my matchday programme arrive in the post yesterday:

Every matchday programme will become available to buy for £4.99 due to fans not getting them at the games

It’s great to read all the positivity among the pages! Quality content though, would recommend.

1 Like