Arsenal Vs Villarreal (UEL)

I envy your optimistic outlook. I expect we’ll come out the gate with some urgency and maybe get a goal. My fear is as the game continues we become more and more sloppy showing no threat of scoring again. Arteta reverts to micromanaging and attempts to sit back and we end up conceding the goal that knocks us out.

I love that no matter how many times Arsenal prove this kind of confidence isn’t warranted in this competition, fans still think we will be strolling through.

2 Likes

Nah he’s probably right, it will be like the 2nd leg against both Olympiakos and the racist team. We will bash them good. Hope we don’t but feels inevitable :pensive::pensive: the gulf in talent in this Arsenal squad compared to almost every other team in this competition, is massive.

Emery seemed to have Arteta’s number in the first game so it’s possible. Although starting with Auba up front should change our dynamic. The fact he lost 10lbs of muscle or so may mean he’s completely out of form

Trust Al Qaeta to pull off a masterclass with Tutankhamun at CB and Willian at false 9 and Auba, Laca, Martinelli cheerleading

2 Likes

Tbf, we did it in 2019.

2 Likes

I think we got enough about us to beat this lot, sometimes you have to be lucky and last week we got that bit of luck which kept us in the tie. Should dispatch these lot tonight and hopefully we can beat Utd in the final.

Whatever happens it will be exciting, which is something Arsenal games haven’t been for a while outside of the NLD. Can’t wait!

Not feeling it. Hopefully I’ll feel better tonight.

Would you say that you’re worried?

2 Likes

Who needs Champions Leagues when you’ve got less of comedy?

Would be quite mad to reach a European final after a season like this. I’m not feeling positive right now though.

Do something today Arteta / Arsenal. Fucking do something.

3 Likes

Don’t know about others but am never worried these days cause my expectations from this club are at an all time low. In fact, I expect us to find new lows so, nope, not worried at all.

2 Likes

This is from an actual Arsenal fan? I know you’re pimping yourself out for Villareal today, but hopefully you’re more subtle during the game, cos who’s got time for that?

6 Likes

Keeping busy for the rest of the afternoon with work, mayor election voting and excercise.

Come kick off the nerves will rise, but there’s meant to be some fans cheering the players when they arrive so the mood should be right, objective clear, and focus inexcusable. They can, and should, do it.

2 Likes

I’m not nervous or worried in the slightest. Pretty confident of a comfortable win. 3-0.

7 Likes

100% This. Not nervous or scared, going to be a Slavia Prague mk 2.

5 Likes

Easy win. OA 3 Bigweng4tt 0.

8 Likes

I think we’ll qualify fairly comfortably.
We have better players, we’re at home and in the first leg we were a player short for most of the game.
I’ll go 3-1 to us Aubameyang, Saka and Pepe to score.

2 Likes

Skipping work today to watch. It feels like forever since an Arsenal game actually meant something. 3-1, Pepe with a double… :pepe2:

3 Likes

I really really want us to batter Emery tonight but our home form this season scares me…

1 Like