Arsenal Vs Villarreal (UEL)

Well, no…there’s on goal and on target…

Like we won with Xhaka playing last week lol

1 Like

Because even being in this semifinal was a complete fluke. We didn’t deserve it.

1 Like

I respect the Uno reverse like. I’ll live and die by that sword bitch.

Usually after a result like this I just want to fuck this place off for a couple of hours but I’m five beers in and I feel like sticking around for another hour or so and call Arteta names.

3 Likes

Worst season as an Arsenal fan.

6 Likes

I swear that picture used to be a picture of Arteta in an arsenal shirt. Maybe I’m crazy.

4 Likes

Ah, well then 2 is respectable then. :joy:

Of course not. But being correct matters :slight_smile:

I agree. But I’m more talking the culture of it. There is nothing quite like football in England. Thankfully they don’t own any of the other teams I support, although all of my Philly teams have their own issues.

1 Like

I’ll read the thread and elaborate on the match later but I just want to say 1 thing right now.

I simply can’t believe how easy that was for Villarreal holding a slender advantage in a European SF 2nd leg playing opponents that had a talent advantage.

3 Likes

Ask and you shall receive.

3 Likes

Didn’t bother staying up to watch the game btw. Another good decision, after not staying up for the first leg. And although I have recorded the game, will delete it without watching, just like I did the first leg. That’s the real low for me.

4 Likes

Another thing that’s so embarrassing is this.

The young Villarreal keeper had nothing to do but what he did have to do he nearly made a meal of, the fumbled Auba shot first half and the flap at a cross that gave ESR a grow chance…

How could we not test him more over 180 minutes ? Absolutely shambolic.

5 Likes

Yep, my older cousins made me a Gooner in '97–it was thrilling from then to maybe the 15/16 season. This is the lowest it has ever been for me. I’m sure those that followed Arsenal longer have seen worse teams.

That’s the thing. Our fans scoff at potter, but every time I watched Brighton, they played us off the park. With their players.

They’d pepper our goal with shots when under Emery, Freddie and dominate us under Arteta.

Potters Ostersunds did a masterclass on us at the Emirates and scored 3 goals.

He does, with a fraction of the resources, exactly what Arteta has never managed to do.

Literally the one shot on target we had in the entire match and he nearly let it squirm beneath his legs and into the net. It’s just astonishing.

1 Like

Well, we did ‘expectedly’ go through.

5 Likes

We’re just terrible at exposing opponents weaknesses full stop.

1 Like