Arsenal Vs Valencia (UEL Semi Final 1st Leg)

Leno or Cech is not going to be the difference in a good result tomorrow.

It probably wouldn’t be but you can never be sure. Leno is much better with the ball as we know and that does make a big difference in how the opposition can approach us, and at this point his shot stopping is superior as well.

In a tight contest, the better goalkeeper can definitely make the difference.

I don’t think Leno is amazing enough, nor is Cech bad enough, for me to care all that much which one plays. The chasm between the two goalkeepers is hardly Ederson and Arijanet Muric level.

The difference is quality is not that immense.

If the goalkeeper is the difference maker after 90 minutes the tactical plan hasn’t really worked/been well-executed…

Yeah they aren’t miles apart obviously, but I’m still more comfortable with Leno in goal.

I slightly disagree on the second point though. Obviously you don’t want to be relying on your goalkeeper to save you but I anticipate that this is going to be a very tight tie and I’d always want to give us the best chance of progressing. I think if the margins are as fine as they likely will be, you should want to use your best option.

3 Likes

Well it’s definitely a back three tomorrow :laughing:

5 Likes

Good. 4231 just does not work with our personnel.

1 Like

Today is the day.

COYG! :red_circle::white_circle:

3 Likes

We need to forget our last 3 horrific league results.

Different competition and a massive home leg in a European Semi Final.

Please win with a Clean sheet Gunners.

1 Like

I think we’ll lose :giroud:

Hope I’m wrong though :mustafi:

COMYG!!!

Still can’t believe we lost three fucking games in a week. Let’s put this straight.

I didn’t realise Gabriel Paulista had such a chip on his shoulder about Arsenal. Looked to me like he just never settled at the club, his game suffered and he was shipped out. At Valencia he’s clearly more at home. I hope Coquelin doesn’t feel the same

What chip? In the Guardian interview he said his only regret was not seeing more of the city…

1 Like

The losing streak left me with no excitement for this one tbh, get the win here you bunch of lazy fucks.

4 Likes

Same I’m really not particularly enthusiastic about tonight’s game

On way to airport and feeling the same. At least I’ll have some beers!!

4 Likes

What’s ur basis of that? The past 2 years we’ve been performing more like Arsenal with a proper 4atb formation and got results with it as well. Hell we even pulled off the good old 4-4-2.
Whenever we play with 3atb we allow our time bomb CBs with more time on the ball and our wing backs either run out of fuel or they get lazy and rely on the outer CB to cover for them.
The only valid reason I see 3atb working, something Wenger confirmed, is that we overload the midfield with players and thus be more fluid in our attacking play.

Get your quiz on!

John fucking Carew.

Still have nightmares.

2 Likes

Looking forward to tonight. I think we’ll batter them and end the tie :slight_smile: