Arsenal Vs Valencia (UEL Semi Final 1st Leg)

A big win so I can book my tickets to Baku :slight_smile:

I really donā€™t rate Valencia, I think weā€™ll handle them comfortably like Napoli.

Iā€™ve heard the ticket allocation for Baku could be as little as 6000 to each club (so less than that on sale to members) and Iā€™m assuming the ground holds a fair bit more than 12k :confused:

Anyone else stupid enough to be going to this? :smile:

1 Like

Enjoy it sham. Think we will put a big performance in.

1 Like

I really donā€™t rate us

8 Likes

Who does :xhaka2:

I think the players care about Europa more.

Gonna say 2-0 like the Napoli game. COYG :red_circle::white_circle:

Are all the yellow cards wiped for the semi final now.

This pitiful bunch of cunts will buckle again.

At least if they do it wonā€™t paper over the cracks. So often they put in a good performance just when it looks like theyā€™ve totally lost the plot and we get slightly excited again.

Itā€™s going to be interesting to see how the fanbase reacts if we actually put in a good performance here.

Valencia have a low-key fantastic team but just donā€™t get it done. This has been a common theme really. Amazing players(or more so group of players) have passed through the years but they never cash in with success.
Would be such a waste knocking Napoli out and then get knocked out ourselves by Valencia.

1 Like

This thread has been understandably quiet following the past 3 shit league results, but it has become the biggest game of our season. Qualification for the CL through the league is dead in my eyes, so everything is on this.

A win to nil is what we need. I fear for our chances if we ship even a single away goal. Without Ramsey, the control / dynamism of our midfield has become a clusterfuck.

Weā€™ve pulled out some good performances at home when it matters, so I pray that the players are up for it. But seeing Iwobi or Mkhitaryan on the pitch will just make me want to vomit before the game even starts.

3 Likes

Not gonna happen but Iā€™d play Leno fuck Cech heā€™s retiring in a few weeks

6 Likes

I feel that this is a massive question that has to be asked ahead of this tie. Once youā€™ve gotten to a semi final and one which is of crucial importance to the club, surely you canā€™t play your second choice GK just because itā€™s ā€œthe right thing to doā€. It isnā€™t the right thing to do at this stage as far as Iā€™m concerned.

I donā€™t mean to knock Cech either because I think heā€™s been generally pretty solid for us in the Europa League, but Iā€™d be way more comfortable if we went with our superior GK. Iā€™d almost go with Leno here and give Cech the Brighton match quite frankly.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think we owe Cech anything.
Play your best players and, if that doesnā€™t include Cech, then Leno has to play.

I still think one of the reasons our recent PL form has been so poor is because Emery has been focusing more on this competition than the PL.

I expect us to put in a good performance and win at least 2-0.
If we donā€™t, then maybe Emery canā€™t motivate the players and is going to have a big job to do, to turn this lumbering wreck of a club round.

1 Like

Cech has plenty of medals. Fuck him.

7 Likes

SCENES when Leno now does a De Gea in the 3rd minute

2 Likes

I bet you a ban that doesnā€™t happen :joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Youā€™re on :sunglasses: Time to put it all on the line.

Iā€™m extremely confident either Cech falls over in the shower tomorrow morning or Emery inexplicably reverses the keeper rule :eyes:

1 Like