Arsenal vs Rennes (Europa League) Last 16 2nd leg

LOL!

3 Likes

Luca I hope you know that’s a parody lol

3 Likes

I edited the post, you scot.

I literally knew nothing about Captain Marvel. To the point where it was a suprise for me that she’s a she. :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s what we’re dealing with here. We need to be aiming for the best players who have no better options lol. Which is basically how football works for 99% of the clubs in the world, just to varying extents.

@Aussiegooner :kroenke: :wink:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Sooo you agree they should keep the targets realistic?

Glad to hear that we progressed, I thought if we managed to keep a clean sheet we would go through, just wasn’t sure if we would or not.

Seems like the performance was a little indifferent ? We probably got too passive after the 2 early goals ?

The first 30 minutes were great, then we relaxed. Rennes were never dangerous though.

1 Like

We rode our luck.

1 Like

Consecutive games of riding our luck it is then, we’ll take it :sunglasses:.

1 Like

I’m thinking we should go for the kind of players mentioned in that post in the hope that we can present ourselves as being their most attractive option.

For quute a few years now we’ve demonstrated ourselves to be able to sign big, expensive, well known players. We shouldn’t be setting our sights too low. You have to at least start off by aiming high and then adjust your sights if you can’t bring in Auba, Laca, Sanchez, Ozil level reputations. Maybe we can’t sign Fekir or Pepe, maybe circumstances turn out to be perfect and nobody else goes in for them and we can make it happen. I don’t think we should simply assume it isn’t possible and aim a level below.

2 Likes

Spending my Friday evening watching the replay, Rennes really struggling with our off the ball movement early on.

What? Rennes didn’t and chance.

I think you’re missing his sarcasm due to our differentiating opinions on the manner of the United triumph on Sunday.

Atleti was a semi-final.

1 Like

He’s forgetting our sparkling 4-1 first leg win over CSKA :syringe:

2 Likes

Looks like we’re going to win it then. :grinning:

1 Like

Unpopular opinion probably but I think two of those players aren’t exactly top level, but just a level below that.