Thursday 14th March 2019
Live on BT Sport
- Arsenal win after 90 mins, advance to QF
- Arsenal win after extra time, advance to QF
- Arsenal win on penalties, advance to QF
- Arsenal win on the night (90 mins) but knocked out.
- Draw after 90 mins, knocked out
- Rennes win in normal time, advance to QF
- Rennes win after extra time, advance to QF
- Rennes win on penalties, advance to QF
After a frankly lackuster away performance in France, it’s time for the return leg. After a brilliant victory against Man Utd in the league, a much needed boost ahead of this game. Currently the tie stands 3-1 in favour of Rennes, with work very much to do for Arsenal. The objective is simple enough, attack attack attack,
Unfortunately we’re without Laca once again for this tie, as well as Sokratis suspended which is a blow, but we still have enough quality to get a result. Really need everyone to be on their A-game for this one. We can afford to give it our all as this is, amazingly is our final match we’ll be playing in March, before a long break kicks in, with no game to worry about at the weekend.
It’s probably going to be one of those nervy nights, but I think we can just about scrape through. Let’s hope for once we can achieve a European comeback, and give @Phoebica something to smile about on her birthday