Arsenal vs Rennes (Europa League) Last 16 2nd leg

2-1 I’d be confident. But 3-1 is tough and puts pressure on us.

I hope we can do it but I feel they will score too. I’m not too confident tbh

1 Like

I think we can turn it around, but if we don’t, the result yesterday means that we’ve still given ourselves a great shot at top 4 and if we only had those 8 remaining league matches to focus on, it wouldn’t be the worst thing for us.

1 Like

Beating Rennes 2-0 at home should be a very simple task for us to be honest.

Edit: not sure if away goal rule is still in play. If not, beating Rennes 3-0 is still a simple task.

1 Like

If we can’t beat Rennes 2-0 at home, we don’t deserve to be in the competition - it’s as simple as that.

If we fail to beat them I won’t be too upset as we just won’t have deserved it.

4 Likes

Away goals count just like CL.

1 Like

We like playing farmers on our snooker pitch. Peak Barca performance - 4-0 to the good guys.

3 Likes

We are not Spurs, tbh.

2 Likes

This is the only thing keeping our season exciting. Hope we do it. Top 4 battle is great but you don’t win anything for it haha

1 Like

No Sokratis for this, really hedging this on whether Mustafi will disappoint us all or not.

Despite that I feel like we’re going to blitz them, I’ll go for 4-1

2 Likes

Send these farmers back one! #KingUnaiTroops

If we want to win then I think we will.

But with us in a favourable position for a top 3 or 4 finish and a lack of CL for 2 full seasons I fear we’ll do what English clubs traditionally do around this point and not really give a shit.

2 Likes

Hope for one off these comeback King games that we use to have in the champions league

1 Like

I think we will go out unfortunately.

Rennes are in a bit of a purple patch and this is the game of the century for them, they are going to leave their hearts on the pitch.

1 Like

Can almost smell Arfa scoring an absolute banger at Emirates and celebraing like a mad man in front of Unai.

No chance they are gonna beat us if we play like we did against Manure.

@Bl1nk, say something because the moaners are out in full force again :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think they’ll beat us, I think they’ll progress. Two completely different things :slight_smile:

1 Like

I meant we are gonna beat us and go through :wink:

@Luca_from_Italy I’m not saying we’re going to go out or go through, but you have been an Arsenal fan long enough to know the United match will have little relevance to Thursday nights game. Different match, different day, different competition.

2 Likes

We’ll go through. But it will be a nervy night.

1 Like