Arsenal Vs Manchester United (FA Cup 4th Round)

What’s the chant? Is it about a specific match or something, I’m not familiar with it.

Seems really stupid considering the fact that he won shit loads in his time at Arsenal.

What do you mean “now”? No one ever said before that the players didn’t deserve blame.

I’m also not saying Emery doesn’t deserve some of the criticism either, but he’s 6 months into the job with a squad that mostly isn’t his and Wenger had years to build it.

3 Likes

No its not the players fault. They have been bought into a league they are not good enough for

Someone posted it in this thread haha keep scrolling up Jacob :wink:

Well its not good players playing bad is it. Its bad players well playing.

Not posting the actual chant…

I didn’t see Luca posting in this thread was he banned for liking posts? Very harsh if true imo

No point in playing these games unless we are prepared match the detention and effort of the opposing team. Until Emery realises thiswe will be in another Wenger situation.

In this team he is above average, i dont think he is as good as he thinks but neither is Arsenal

Wake up Emery the honeymoon is over

Big pressure on Emery to deliver the Europa League now, knocked out of both domestic cups at the first sign of a challenge.

1 Like

Its scary to think of how much the future of this club for the next 5-10 years potentially depends on winning that tournament this season.

This is going to be a real nervy ride…

We can still get top 4, Chelsea are not good, its whether we’ll be good enough to do it.

We don’t have the defence neither the quality nor the depth , Chelsea for all their failings still have Hazard and have brought in a very good striker in Higuain.

Then there’s United that are playing well, we aren’t good enough tbh even with all the injuries Tottenham have.

3 Likes

We could get back into the CL next year, the year after or the year after that. I don’t think it’s the difference maker that some of you do, at least not so much anymore. I’ll quote the Liverpool example again. Also I think top players can and will still choose to join and leave us regardless of which European comp. we’re in, because we’re a massive club (:sunglasses:) that is genuinely never that far away from the CL in any given season.

TLDR: winning the Europa will be preferable to not winning it, but failing to win it isn’t going to set us back a decade financially or anything, that’s all a bit hyperbolic

5 Likes

Perhaps you’re right and I hope so, but it’s hard to argue that if we finish outside of the top 4 and don’t win the Europa League this season that a third season in that competition won’t have ramifications on some level.

We already have an owner who is a penny saver so any extra cash we can bring in through CL qualification and the fact that we could attract players with CL football again has to be preferable.

1 Like

I take that argument but think overall we need a plan of investment transfer wise first. It has to be a big one and long term. Looks already like we are mistaken going to foresake this window. Either sacking Emery or fluking a CL through the europa is not the solution we really need.

2 Likes

I think that sadly, the transfer plan was to look for hidden gems with Sven’s diamond eye and after one year it’s completely fallen apart because Raul is power hungry.

We can debate how effective that strategy was going to be and I think we’d all prefer a big spending policy at this point, but now we’re going to be looking even worse than we could have with Sven calling many of the shots.

2 Likes

I dont think any of us know whats going on at the moment. Get the feeling Where in the process of trying to find a formula.
Sad truth is it looks like we have wasted a window we could ill afford to do. Fact is we have needed a change for up to 5 years and it was and is going to be messy.

4 Likes

While we always beat or at least don’t lose against Chelsea these days, United are our bogey team . Dominated the game, still lost.