Arsenal Vs Manchester United (FA Cup 4th Round)

Missed this game because of business travel and my DVR didn’t pick it up. I assume it wasn’t on TV in the US. Sounds like I didn’t miss much. Is this us out of the top 5? How are you feeling about 6th now @Calum?

Didn’t affect league table since it was Cup, but I think we can safely say that regression to the mean has hit us hard (we went into season probably objectively with 6th best squad), and injuries have completely killed any fluidity/solidity defensively.

I’d say we are now favorites for 6th, but I don’t say that we have zero chance… we are still only 3 points off of Chelsea and Utd is level. Its really too bad Utd didn’t dither with Mou longer =)

1 Like

Not directly. However, ManU is on the ascension and we’re currently tied on points.

This wasn’t a league game :xhaka:

1 Like

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

1 Like

Yeah no question - they have issues, but seem to have really established a better rhythm under the Norwegian. I actually rate them as having better chance for 4th now than Chelsea too… to me, Chelsea is one injury away from massive issues whereas Utd is more spread around in terms of importance - at least that is my take.

With our squad and injuries, hard to see anything but 6th as most probable destination.

Haha tbf this was before all our defenders got injured and Utd still had Mourinho. :joy::joy:

Yeah looking likely now isn’t it

'Muricans, innit. :laca:

5 Likes

We lost Socratis for the foreseeable future and Kos is out for an indeterminate amount of time. It’s going to effect our PL season. Do you really think this happened in isolation?

1 Like

Me and my boy @Aussiegooner shouted sixth at the start of the season, wish it didn’t look so likely though!

1 Like

Purely for the purpose of gloating, I’d like to mention that you missed me out. :xhaka2:

1 Like

Well the upside is Everton, leicester and west ham will make sure we finish their. Please lads lets not have anymore shouts of any of these showing more ambition. Newport, Milwall and Wimbledon beg to differ.

I was racking my brain for the one other person who voted the same way in the poll, apologies!

But early for us to be “bragging” though haha

1 Like

You’ve conveniently left out the fourth person who voted for 6th in the poll, but I can understand why you choose not to mention their name :wenger2:

2 Likes

Really needed to bump this thread? :xhaka:

Probably for the best if you don’t concern yourself with match day threads mate :kos2:

4 Likes

You are right wee boy.

Me too :grinning:

Still 5th :bellend:

4 Likes

Sorry, 4th :sunglasses:

4 Likes