Arsenal Vs Manchester City (PL)

Might be delusion or optimism kicking in but I feel like we are going to beat these guys.

2-1 to The Arsenal :muscle:t4: COYFG

6 Likes

Same man, the know thing that can stop us is postponement

1 Like

Yeah; bet Pep is desperate for some more positive COVID cases.

3 Likes

We have to start fast and really shock them. I think City are most vulnerable early in the game once they’ve settled into that rhythm it’s really difficult to unsettle them.

Even if we lose I really just want us to actually attack them and get a reasonable number of good attempts. I’d be happy with a progressive performance

8 Likes

They were sluggish against Brentford so we can potentially smash them in the mouth early.

If they take the lead in the first half it’ll be a pamming

1 Like

Yep I think once they hit the back of the net it’s a different game. That’s why I’d like to push them from the jump and try to get something nice and early. It puts us in a position of unsettling them and making it difficult for them to set into a rhythm.

Once they begin passing the ball around it’s not long before they start finding pockets of space and score.

If we came out like we did against Spurs you never know. If Rodei is still out could be good for us.

Need to bottle that kind of energy and aggression, it’s how Liveprool unsettle City at times.

2 Likes

I’m positively worried.

2 Likes

Biggest positive is getting both City fixtures out of the way this early.

2 Likes

Do Spurs and Man Utd still go to the Etihad?

4:30 AM on New Year’s Day… FML.

I think it’s the last half hour more than the start were this is defined.
I think if we can keep it level for an hour or even if we can build from that mark we find away to win this 2 1.

My dad has been banging on about Arsenal beating City too, lol.
I honestly don’t share that optimism, Arteta is too important on the touchline I feel.

Your dad sounds like a pretty cool guy

4 Likes

Would be a fucking greatt start to the year. Yeah

Nah, he’s Arteta out. :rofl:

3 Likes

Ah fuck sake, we can’t choose our family.

3 Likes

If City are at their most vulnerable early it’s a bit of a concern, they’ve only conceded 1 first half goal in 20 league matches.

This really is a well oiled machine.

I’m going with Arsenal 1-2 Manchester City, just because I think City are that good.

Yes they do. United actually have a good record at the Etihad, hopefully that comes to an abrupt end.

1-2 Scoreline as long as it’s competitive wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. Losing would absolutely suck (again) but I wouldn’t dwell on it. Not a season ender or anything.

1 Like