Arsenal Vs Manchester City (PL)

Would like to see a back 3 here to rest Bellerin and Tierney for Benfica. Can play Cedric and Willian as wingbacks. Saka, ESR and Ceballos to rest too please.

Holding Luiz Gabriel
Cedric Elneny Xhaka Willian
Ødegaard Pepe
Martinelli

3 Likes

Hmm… I think giving Willian the responsibility of wingback is basically conceding defeat lol. Bernado and Mahrez will have free reign!

Won’t even trust Willian as a ball boy.

4 Likes

It’s a risk I’d be willing to make to have two fresh fullbacks in the Europa League. He needs to adapt his game anyway, his career is obviously dead as a winger/attacking player now.

1 Like

I disagree - think Saka and Martinelli are both immense talents. Martinelli was fire before his injury last season and at the time seemed the one with the higher ceiling.

The best players put defenders under pressure with ease. He’s always trying to run or move towards the goal - he makes being direct look so effortless which really sets him apart. Plus, his attitude is fantastic and will get him far.

You are absolutely right about his box movement. He has a great instinct to find space / weakness, and can score with his head or feet. Just looks like a killer. CF should be his best position in time, and when Auba starts declining then hopefully Martinelli moves there.

He’ll need more minutes to pick up from where he left off. Basically, you don’t see too many 18 year olds scoring the kind of goals he did last season, particularly that one against Chelsea. He’s special. Yeah I’m a Gabi fanboy but he’ll go on to be a big player for us. Too good to fail.

1 Like

I think my post was crap in that it makes it look like I don’t think too highly of Martinelli when I do. I think he’s got that unpredictability and movement which I don’t think is easy to coach. His instincts in the box are excellent.

What I meant about the ceiling post is that I don’t think it’s as high as people originally thought (when they predicted he’d be off to Madrid in no time) but I just didn’t word it very well haha

3 Likes

The match day programme in Kenya, :joy::rofl: “overbeaten” you know

6 Likes

I’m becoming numb to the losses so those folks in Kenya are absolutely correct :arteta:

1 Like

2 Likes

The only thing I find annoying losing to City today is the over the top meltdown of our pussy ass fanbase on social media.

2 Likes

No Martinelli. Should have rested Auba and played Martinelli to press a bit the city backline a bit more.

2 Likes

Rotated for the EL no doubt.

4 Likes

What’s up with the centre backs and why no Ceballos?

Yep, good call IMO.

2 Likes

Pragmatic thinking with this lineup.

Let’s just take our L and move on

Happy with that.

COYG

That City team terrifies me

1 Like

Gabriel and Ceballos haven’t really played that many games have they?