The Emirates Stadium
KO: 16:30 :clock430:
:tv: Sky Sports

• Arsenal win
  • Draw
  • Manchester City win

0 voters

Nailed on defeat, this

If we can get the first goal we can nick a point here.
It’s a big game for Arteta and one he needs to show his coaching head. Could just frustrate these if he stays proactive with selection. 1 1.

1 Like

Will @Phoebica prove to be the single correct person predicting us to win again like she was against Chelsea?

1-3 City.

We’re gonna cut through them like hot butter

3-0 Arsenal

3 Likes

We’re 6/1 to win, at home.
I’ve never seen odds like that for us in a home game and it shows how far our standing as a top club has gone down.

5 at the back and similar SF set up, we going to beat them 2-0.

1 Like

Hoping Arteta rests 2 or 3 of the starters, as the Benfica match is the one that carries more importance. ESR and Saka would be my choice. Tierney could do with a bit of game time so I’d start him.

If the reserve/U23 line-up is anything to go by, the absence of Balogun might be because he’s in first team consideration (he could be injured too).

SideNote: Arteta didn’t seem best pleased with Martinelli’s cameo vs Benfica.

4 Likes

We’re going to dick them and it will mean nothing and we’ll probably lose to Benfica after

1 Like

Arteta needs to stop giving Martinelli minutes down the left and accept his movement in the box is his biggest strength.

I don’t think Martinelli has a particularly high ceiling but he’s definitely got value if we give him minutes in the box for sure.

I think though that Pepe, Martinelli are both in the mud when it comes to Arteta and they’re not his type of player unfortunately

3 Likes

The LURPAK tactic!!!

1 Like

Play the reserves. Take the 3-0 defeat and prepare for Benfica. COYG

1 Like

A long trip to Rome and limited recovery time means I find anything other than a City victory an inconceivable dream.

Even so, I’ll be glued to my TV at 4.30 tomorrow and hoping we somehow break their 17 game winning run.

3 Likes

Eddie-Laca partnership will be back in business tomorrow if bib theory still has any juice.

Thomas Partey
Left hamstring. Thomas is progressing well from a strain to his hamstring against Aston Villa on 6 February and will continue to be assessed ahead of Sunday’s match.

Looks like Partey might be back! I’d rather save him for the Benfica match though, but still good news. Rather less good news is Runnarson’s injury. He’s likely to miss out.

2 Likes

you just know we are gonna be battered and after getting our ass handed to us Arteta will be praising pep in a nauseating way. Imagine if Willian starts :gabriel:

I think that’s good news bro

4 Likes

He might have too. The squad has to rotate. Nothing on the game for us anyway.

Can we rotate the manager for this one…might have a chance then?

1 Like