Arsenal vs Man City (PL) fuck

Ok, that’s fair.
Btw, why is a potential loss to Villa so embarrassing? We dropped points against fucking Southampton and Everton.

Villa is a better side than them and they have better conditions than us playing at Villa Park and having more days to prep and the advantage of facing us shortly after we face City.

It’s great timing for them.

I didn’t say it was.

My contention is that it’s evidently a more negative prediction than predicting a loss vs Man fucking City, and that you therefore can’t really be in this thread calling out negativity. As I said, really simple point I’m making (for the final time).

Cos they’re shit

Martinez masterclass incoming? Twat will be like Superman that day.

He’s an excellent keeper but it won’t be enough to stop us winning there

We need a win. Titles are won on belief. We need something to inspire that belief again because our momentum is basically dead right now.

A month ago and I would have been super confident. However the confidence has been drained away.

We’re playing like a top four side, not a league champion. Very disappointed to see our performances drastically decline.

I’d stick with Martinelli. City will allow opportunities on the counter and his pace could be a massive weapon. Arteta needs to get the players buzzing to perform. Have to come out the blocks absolutely blazing quick. A slow start and we will be in for a really disappointing night. City will want us to be slow and laboured. Then they’ll dominate the ball and strangle us.

4 Likes

He’s gonna play his heart out for the rest of the season. Seen some quotes from him and his agent and they’re clearly eyeing another go at a big club.

He may have picked the wrong club to do that though because Villa won’t sell unless a big offer comes in, and I doubt there’s any club who will offer big money for him now. His only hope is burning his bridges with Villa which I’m not sure is wise considering he’s already on bad terms with us.

1 Like
5 Likes
Who would you start against City?
  • Trossard
  • Martinelli

0 voters

If it was almost any other game I’d go for Trossard, but considering the space City will definitely offer I’d go with Martinelli.

Especially if they press us and dominate us, we’ll need someone like Marinelli to keep them thinking about the space they are leaving behind and give us an option to relieve some of it with his pace and runs.

3 Likes

Same XI as the first half of the season please. They’ve got the get out of this rut, together.

Really hope we start as we did vs Liverpool

2 Likes

Martinelli was a menace in that game. Whenever he faces City or Liverpool the guy has been up for it.

Saka though, give him a Big Six opponent and he’ll eat them up however they decide to play. His record is actually mad.

I think that’s without his goal against United.

7 Likes

It’s crazy how dejected we’ve become so quickly. Our expectations have gone through the roof after just half a season lol.

The facts are that we’re 3 points clear with a game in hand on Man City. All-conquering, all-spending Man City who arguably have the best manager this league has seen.

And we have a huge opportunity to bury our direct rivals creating an even bigger gap. This is a game we need to relish and I really hope that is the message from Arteta. We deserve to be top. Let’s go and stamp our personality on this match. We have the players to punish City.

A win reignites our momentum. I believe motherfuckers.

10 Likes

Don’t kill me for saying this but some gonna owe Gary Neville an apology soon :grimacing:

I wouldn’t start Martinelli personally.
He isn’t the answer and I certainly can’t see him chipping in with vital goals when we need them. I’d give Trossard a good run in the team.
Martinelli has plenty about him but he isn’t consistent enough. Above average player tbh.

Lol, for some reason I read this with Chariots of Fire in my mind.

This one suits our situation too I guess…

1 Like

Tuuuuuune.

When it kicks in in Rocky IV :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

The nerves are mounting, despite us being a young side with potential growth ahead of us… my stance is we won’t get a better opportunity to break the title drought than a season we took 50 points from our first 19 games.

2 Likes

Doesn’t bode well for Wednesday. He’ll be in bed for school when the game kicks off now

1 Like