Arsenal vs Man City (PL) fuck

Fckin Wednesday can’t come soon enough. It’s one of those “driving test” feelings. Just get it out of the way now, please

6 Likes

Bit of a cup final feel to this one…And maybe that explains a bit our rusty performances the last two games…not to excuse the performances. But this is definitely one we need to turn up for.

2 Likes

Dunno, I feel City will be more gung-ho out there and whatever happens, happens.
They’ve won the PL 4 times the previous 5 years.

The still have the big ears(CL) to worry about and that’s the main one most of those players are missing.

Majority of our players have never won a single trophy. Think there will be more pressure on us in the game not to drop the ball.

It’s all in the head though, it could actually work in our favour

@Stroller @Aussiegooner

Do we actually have a worse record against any other club in top flight history in consecutive head to heads?

I think if we have a winner on Wednesday night we’ll see that team win the title.

Good chance it would give us momentum and a potential 9 point lead come early March.

If they win then they’ll go top on GD. The Arsenal bottlers talk will be out in full force after 1/9 and a cup exit, not sure we can go with City toe to toe if that happens.

MASSIVE GAME, hence me taking an annual leave day as fucked if I’m going to head to work at HT in this one.

1 Like

Nope I think when City got it to 8 or 9 it became our longest losing streak against any one opponent.

2 Likes

:joy:

This is a match versus City, you were adamant that we’d lose to fucking Villa.

5 Likes

Haha shitting bricks over Villa. Honestly, you’d think we’re back in 1994.

2 Likes

The whole thing started because I said we could get two points out of the three matches.
That match for me was always a potential banana skin. Three games in seven days, short turnaround. It’s a tough week.
If we lose the match against City we’re looking at 1-4 points from the three matches.

For what is worth, I think the team will bounce back from the Brentford game. Reckon the boys will react and will use the Emirates to their advantage. What happens at Villa Park though I don’t know, if we lose against City the pressure on us will be heavy, on the other hand if we keep or extend the lead on City I think we could be heading there a bit nonchalant and tired from the game midweek.

Said nine points out of these three games would be massive, we get 7 points out of these I’ll be very, very happy man.

This is our biggest game for me since the NLD back in May.

Hope we turn up for this one.

You said we’d lose to Villa and claim 2 points from these 3 matches.

Which is fine, don’t get me wrong, nobody is obliged to be positive, and you could even be proven correct, having called the first result of those three correctly.

But you can’t say that and then come into this thread a couple days later and start lecturing others about having faith in the team ffs lol

2 Likes

This is still far too favourable on Villa, though, and you’re highlighting our potential inadequacies.

You’re forgetting the crucial fact that Villa are shit.

Of course I can because it was deemed as a crazy and negative take which you now admit it wasn’t and judging from how many people think we’re losing against City now, it’s fairly plausible for them now.

Three tricky games in seven days is a tough one to work around, especially when one of them inbetween is against City. These are the type of week it could all go tits up.

But not at Villa Park.

Need this win. For the league and for my sanity. What a shitty weekend it was. I need a massive pick me up.

4 Likes

No, you can’t predict 2 points from 9 and a couple days later call people out for not being positive enough and expect to be taken seriously, it’s totally contradictory.

2 Likes

Why? As I said it was apparently some wild take and was ganged up for saying we could end up with 2 points and now a good portion of them is having us at 1 point in two of those matches.

Because predicting 2 from 9 in games vs Brentford, City and Villa, which included a loss vs Villa, is a more negative prediction than simply predicting a single loss vs City. Therefore you have no authority whatsoever to call others out for negativity and suggest they should be more positive.

You can’t lecture others on being more positive when just days ago you were making more negative predictions than the one you’re calling out.

You aren’t dense so I’m starting to think you’re just pretending to not understand what I’m saying, cos it’s really fucking simple.

2 Likes

Okay. You’re completely ignoring what I’m saying.

Its the loss against Villa which made it such a negative prediction, you’re now acting like you made a 2 game prediction featuring just draws against Brentford and City because it means you can make out that you are more positive than the people predicting just a single loss in this next game. Anyone who remembers that you have tipped a loss vs Villa will be laughing at you trying to call others out for negativity here.

2 Likes