Arsenal Vs Liverpool (PL)

Wow what did Jade ever do to you :santi:

Having watched the game today and one step removed from an emotion level, that was a better match than last seasons 3 3 game.
You can actually see the improvement in both sides this seasons match.

3 Likes

Their forum is really quite entertaining. They were referring to themselves as jointly top of the league prior to the weekend’s games lol.

They fail to grasp the concept that goal difference determines your position if two teams are on equal points. If the season ended when they were “joint top”, they’d finish second. The fucking muppets like to cling on to shit to feed their arrogance / sense of self-importance.

City buying the league is abhorrent but when you look at the state of some Liverpool fans, it makes you really reconsider whether you’d want those absolute cunts to be celebrating a title win.

5 Likes

Funny you say this as a couple of weeks ago I had Liverpool mates saying they were joint top to me, I merely pointed out they were 2nd and it didn’t go down go well.

1 Like

Am I the only person that’s been amazed at some of the reaction towards the linesman for getting the offside decision wrong? I get that if I was a Liverpool fan I’d be annoyed, but are people really stupid enough to not see how it’s easy to get that decision wrong?

He has to make a judgement in real time and can’t be expected to be in line with Firmino and Mane because the ball has been popped over the top really quickly. At that point it’s a game of inches and he has to essentially make a split second guess on whether it’s on or off. He guesses wrong, fine. But I honestly can’t hold that against a linesman.

I was laughing at the BT Sport commentators for at first saying “that definitely looked offside”, then after the benefit of a few replays criticising the linesman for a poor decision. So in real time you thought it was offside, but after a few replays you expect that the linesman should’ve been a robot and gotten it spot on from the start?

I think there’s a wider issue in the game of people criticising referees and linesman when there’s a logical conclusion from their point of view as to why they made the “wrong” decision.

1 Like

Id have to take delusional over corrupt cunts im afraid. I cannot stand city and how they continually get overlooked for how they are manipulating football.

i really think it would be helpful if officials were allowed speak about their decisions. Either after the game or through PGMOL. Maybe he raised his flag based on the initial ball because his view was that Mane was absolutely interfering with play but that didn’t matter until he touched the ball, which would be a pretty legitimate call and actually really good officiating because it allowed the chance to develop.

But we just have a vacuum where we don’t know anything and that leads to the anger you’re describing.

I agree, but even then I feel like they shouldn’t have to explain decisions like this. It should be obvious to everyone that it’s an extremely tight call and difficult to always get right with the human eye.

It also bothers me when some of the same people who don’t want VAR will then bash officials for getting the decisions wrong. You can’t have it both ways and not want technology but expect a human being to always make tough calls correctly.

The flag should have been raised the moment he went for the ball; Mane was still inteferring with play even when fermino got the ball.

2 Likes

I actually think he was interfering with play also, lots of hoo ha about it but I think the correct decision was made.

1 Like

No i don’t think it’s about having to explain, they should want to.

Nah, it would have been BS to call it on the initial ball.

This is probably want bothers me the most, especially after the Palace draw. We had a very solid start of the season and are still in 5th :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.

That says more about the teams around us.

1 Like

It highlights how far the top 6 are ahead of everyone else basically. Look at the points the sides ahead of us have dropped for instance, it’s almost exclusively against other top sides. I find it amusing how people always say someone like Everton will challenge and break into that bracket; it’s not gonna happen.

2 Likes

I think a lot of them do want to but they aren’t allowed. I think Howard Webb once made a comment about how he wished he could explain why he didn’t send De Jong off for that outrageous challenge in the 2010 World Cup Final; he said that he genuinely couldn’t see it because a player was blocking his vision at that moment.

1 Like

Yea exactly, it’s ridiculous they have to keep quiet.

I think it kind of makes sense in one way, cause then you would have referees coming out and wanting to explain 5 different decisions in every single match.

i’d happily listen to them. But in reality it could easily be held for the more controversial ones…ah it’s never gonna happen :frowning:

If we were genuine title contenders (which I hope.Emery and the players think we are- always have to aim for the big prize) then this season would piss me off. We’re playing great while Manchester City and Liverpool are having the seasons of their lives and Chelsea don’t want to be shaken off.

Its early and it is incredibly unusual to have ANY teams unbeaten at this stage, let alone 2… and Chelsea are damn good as well. I think the key is that we are playing better, looked equal to Pool yesterday, and we had a measly 67 points last year - we will improve on that massively. I also think we were maybe 50/50 at BEST for CL spots before the season started and I believe that we are equal to that despite the insane starts that the top 3 are having. Keep in mind we had incredibly tough start and were a bit unlucky to drop all 3 points to Chelsea too.

Spurs will wobble at some point and I just don’t believe Mourinho will keep his team racking up 3 points.

And City, CHelsea, and Pool will run into issues at some point as well - I think they are too strong and deep to suffer too much, but they certainly aren’t going unbeaten and will drop points. We aren’t that far off - this is about the best we could hope to under the circumstances this year. I also think the evidence suggests with continued progress and an opportunity to get some new players in, we very well could be back properly in the title conversation in the next 2-3 years and I saw zero chance of that under Wenger.

3 Likes