The Emirates Stadium
KO: 17:30 :clock530:
LIVE on BT SPORT

• Arsenal win
  • Draw
  • Liverpool win

0 voters

Match preview

Arsenal are aiming to extend an eight-match unbeaten run in the Premier League, while Liverpool are yet to taste defeat in the top flight this season, as two of the top four sides go head to head at Emirates Stadium.

Did you know?

Arsenal are looking for their first PL victory over Liverpool in seven attempts (D3 L3). This is their longest such run against the Reds since a sequence of 12 between 1994 and 2000.

The last five PL meetings between these teams have produced 27 goals, an average of 5.4 per match.

Roberto Firmino has both scored and assisted in each of his last three PL matches against Arsenal and could now become the first player to do so in four consecutive matches against an opponent in the competition. Steven Gerrard and Theo Walcott have also achieved this feat in three successive clashes against Newcastle United and West Ham United respectively.

Jurgen Klopp is unbeaten in his five PL matches against Arsenal. Only Jose Mourinho, with 12, Gerry Francis, with eight, and Alex Ferguson, with six, have managed more PL matches against the Gunners before suffering their first defeat.

With our defence I see nothing but slaughter in this game lol

1 Like

No disrespect to Calum, but I was kinda hoping this particular game would get the @Cristo opening post treatment :smiley:

This will be a huge test for us. We’ve recovered from a tricky start and gone on a super run, which unfortunately came to a halt last weekend. Even in a few months things have changed and now I feel this will be a true and accurate test on just what can this team really achieve for the rest of the season.

Liverpool have been very tight in defence this season, but still strong up front. We all know defensively we’re weak and this aspect will make or break what kinda result we muster. On our day, I think we’re capable of winning, but right now, I feel like this one will probably end up in a hard fought draw.

But it’s certainly an opportunity to see whether this team has really moved forwards since the opening few games or if it’s still same old, same old.

2 Likes

It’s important to start well on saturday. Can’t rely on our second half mayhem to win the game.

@Cristo brings bad luck.

1 Like

Now now Luca, my Italian chum, if we’re talking about bad luck charms, don’t you remember when you disappeared for those 10 minutes we scored twice against Palace? :wenger: :poldi:

2 Likes

When was the last time we beat Liverpool in the league? It wasn’t as long ago as 2013, was it? That great Ramsey goal at the Emirates

I don’t think Cristo can do any more damage to this fixture than we’re already facing.

Honestly think we’ll need to score at least 4 to win this game. I hope i’m wrong and that at some point this week Mustafi has graduated from How Not To Be A Moron school, but really don’t see us getting anything from this.

3 Likes

Odds on @Luca_from_Italy ban at any point?

1/1

It can happen. @Cristo has a well-known history of bringing us bad luck, instead :mustafi:

1 Like

April 2015

1 Like

I promise not to get carried away.

1 Like

No, we just need to start well. That’s the key. No more “we can only play for 45 minutes” shit.

Game raising cunts. . .

2 Likes

We need to confuse the scousers by making it a hard day at work for them. I have a feeling they’ll nick it in the end though. :wink:

All the goals were superb on that day :giroud2:

1 Like

I don’t think we will get destroyed, if we lose it will be by a goal or so. However if we wanna make top 4 we can’t be losing these home fixtures against other top 4 sides, we need at least a draw.

What’s our situation at full back? Will Bellerin miss out due to injury? Seems that way, and I don’t know about having AMN return so soon but I think Xhaka as an alternative is a hell of a lot more frightening so…

------------------------Leno--------------------
Lichty—Mustafi-------Holding—AMN
----------Torreira-------------Xhaka---------
Iwobi-----------------Ă–zil----------------PEA
---------------------Lacazette-----------------

2 Likes

I’ll take that bet.

And rig the outcome.

1 Like

You just can’t wait for it, can you? I am not gonna give you this :wink:

2 Likes