Arsenal Vs Liverpool (PL)

Xhaka, Holding, Torrieira, Laca … take a bow. Some fantastic performances out there today.

Some say we should have been down and out by half time, but in a game with two teams who’s first line of defence is attack; there were always going to be chances for both sides.

Today was the first major test for Emery and the team and although we had a shaky start to the game, once we got in our stride I feel we matched them all over the pitch.

It’s great to see our side hungry again with a positive winning mentality, something we’ve been devoid of in recent seasons.

11 Likes

For all the talk of how decent our performance was, we still need a top 6 scalp. Must beat Spurs at home in a few weeks.

Liverpool had their chances in the first half so us. It was very balanced.

Some random thoughts on the game, in no particular order.

• If someone, without any knowledge of Liverpool or Arsenal’s current stature in the league, was watching that game, he would have thought that was two equally matched teams playing. No one would say that one of those teams was considered favourites to win the league while the other, according to most pundits, would struggle to make the top 4.

• Any neutral would say we were the dominant side throughout that game. However, Liverpool created the better chances.

• For all our defensive woes, we just played the best attack in the league and gave a bloody good account of ourselves. Our defence should and will take huge confidence from that performance.

• If this team keeps improving the way they have under Emery in the last 4 months, just imagine where would we be in another year’s time. I hope to hell Emery is given the backing he needs in the transfer market.

• The one touch passing and quick movement of the ball is slowly but surely showing signs of improvement. There is clear potential in the players to do much better. We can and should get sharper.

• Lastly, as is always the case, consistency of performances will be the key to how far we go this season.

That performance should make us all proud of this team.

10 Likes

The only way to build on yesterday’s performance is by winning our next 2 games ahead of the international break.

It’s pretty much imperative as I envisage us dropping a fair few points in December

2 Likes

One of the best defensive performances I’ve seen from this club in a long time. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

1 Like

Best Arsenal performance in a big 6 game since we beat Tottenham last year. I’d say even though that was a win and this was a draw this was the better performance against a better team. We are so drilled now and organised now. If this is Emery after a few months then things are looking very good.

1 Like

Yeah I really don’t get the negativity.

1 Like
2 Likes

Shut up you tool.

Forgot Allison did the exact same thing. If Mkhitaryan left it Torreria would have probably scored like Milner did

5 Likes

Mhki you bastard

am i the only one who thought their Mane goal was rightly ruled off ? Otherwise it would be a huge advantage to always have a guy standing offside purely to confuse defense and keeper.

3 Likes

I think it is offside too. Mane attacked the ball, he didn’t get it because he was beaten to it but he had every intention to go for it.

3 Likes

Offside all day long.

Holding stepped up because of Mane and would’ve been deeper to deal with Firimino if he wasn’t there, no way the goal should of stood.

3 Likes

Reported for racism :mkhi:

Reading rawk( god forbid ) you would have thought they are the unluckiest team in the world and have a conspiricy against them lel :arteta:

I can only imagine haha, I find Klopp and his team likeable but Liverpool fans are some of the most deluded I’ve ever encountered.

If they win the league in the next few years it will truly be unbearable.

2 Likes

VVD was their best player, which tells you a lot about how the 2 teams played.

Anyways, despite the performance, this draw means we really have to get results against Tottenham and United as the non-top 6 sides won’t be handing us any favours.

Ourselves, United and Tottenham regularly play shit but get wins.

3 Likes